NC in the US of America

What in the world is "gamewave"??

TSC wrote:

Doesn't just happen in 8bits, guys - http://jeremylimmusic.com/legal/how-my- … -the-deep/

Indeed. Never would have guessed. :\
Oh hey I've read that article before.

The thing that is really funny is how these types of people can potentially beat the original artists in sales and popularity and what-not. tongue

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Nov 26, 2013 5:17 pm)

Färjestaden, Sweden

Nice link!
Could defo use the tips in there!

Unsubscribe

Just think of all the music that is stolen and sold direct for use in licensing that youd never know about.

Färjestaden, Sweden

After speaking with some local lawyers he said that legal action against this would cost more than it would earn you. And probably allot more.
However, as it is stated in the link TSC posted a "DMCA Takedown notice" to the various sites would be the best course of action for the affected artists.

You can read more here:
http://rising.blackstar.com/how-to-send … otice.html

Alive and well in fucksville
Bunnymajs wrote:

After speaking with some local lawyers he said that legal action against this would cost more than it would earn you. And probably allot more.
However, as it is stated in the link TSC posted a "DMCA Takedown notice" to the various sites would be the best course of action for the affected artists.

You can read more here:
http://rising.blackstar.com/how-to-send … otice.html

I thought the guilty party pays all of the fees?

Färjestaden, Sweden

In Sweden you are obliged to pay your lawyers and such.
However, if you win the loser COULD come to have to pay for your lawyers and what not.
Howeverx2 IF the person doesn't have enough money to cover for that cost, you still have to pay them with your own money and hope you get the rest in a reasonable amount of time.

The fees can be quite large if the criminal is in a different country, then you have to hire a lawyer in that country to represent you.

That's what i gathered from the very brief conversation i had with him.
But im looking in to it a bit more.

The amount of money you could be compensated with also vary from country to country, so it's hard to say.
So this estimation is quite individual smile

Edit: Also, people who tend to this kind of stuff (steal songs) prob don't have allot of money.
So, the chance for me having to pay for that would be high.

Editx2: However, since this dude seems to just continue doing this. I really want to nail him big with an actual lawsuit!

Last edited by Bunnymajs (Nov 26, 2013 7:49 pm)

Arad, Romania

I wouldn't sue for the money. I would sue to make an example of him, to show him and others that there are repercussions for stealing. Some people never learn.

Last edited by qb (Nov 26, 2013 7:51 pm)

Brunswick, GA USA
bitjacker wrote:

I thought the guilty party pays all of the fees?

If the person is too broke to pay the damages you won't get the money, and there will still be people who want to be paid.

Just make a point to remember who these people are so that when the next person comes around, finds all this music, and thinks it'd be easy to retag MP3s and post them, or mime playing an instrument to someone else's song, all these negative examples will be around saying that maybe it's not worth the trouble.

Reading Jeremy Lim's story makes me wonder if maybe a Ukrainian fan could've helped him get signed to a label and become his manager, if people's intentions had been just a little bit different.

Last edited by chunter (Nov 26, 2013 8:06 pm)

New Albany Indiana

I haven't seen some one this bad at steeling other peoples toons since we were once robots, smh.

That's really low to sell it.

Färjestaden, Sweden
qb wrote:

I wouldn't sue for the money. I would sue to make an example of him, to show him and others that there are repercussions for stealing. Some people never learn.

Well, you need money to sue, so.. ;___;

D D D Detroit, not the burbs
Bunnymajs wrote:
qb wrote:

Well, you need money to sue, so.. ;___;

Fundraising time, time for a bake sale.

UK, Leicester
Bit wish wrote:

I haven't seen some one this bad at steeling other peoples toons since we were once robots, smh.

That's really low to sell it.

had to search up to find out about once we where robots (kinda before my time) and was kind of amazed at what some people think that they can get away with. Fun fact, DMU, the college she studied music at, is the uni where I live.

I hope this 8bitstellar guy gets what he deserves tho.

Brunswick, GA USA

Hai all, I'm Sebastian from over at Loudr. Did some digging and thought I'd post here to clear up a few things.

8bitstellar feels pretty fucking terrible. I would too. But then again, I'd like to not think about all the stupid shit I did in 2009.

He hasn't done anything with music since 2010. After realizing he was being an asshat, he forcequit and closed down all of his music accounts everywhere. Unfortunately, to cease distribution via Reverbnation, you apparently have to pay them to take content down --- which explains why the non-selling mp3s are still up in places.

I'm already getting in touch with Reverbnation and making sure the content gets removed from Spotify/Amazon/etc immediately. Grooveshark is basically a lost case, though sending them DMCA notices occasionally works.

Lastly, "Oh, and the cover of The Shard...for those wondering.. its the inside of a Martinelli's bottle."

Färjestaden, Sweden

You've actually talked to him then?
And so basically this has been up since 09-10? O:
Aaaaaand it's going to be removed?

Tell him to remove his Myspace account and shizzle aswell then.

Last edited by Bunnymajs (Nov 27, 2013 11:48 am)

Manchester, UK

This is some unforgivable stuff going on here. What kind of effort to get stuff removed do you call this? If he was that full of remorse he damn well would have paid to have the music taken down. That's the absolute least he should do, but obviously he'll only retract his idiotic actions if it's FREE to do so. Paying money would be way too much to ask to right some of the wrongs he's made, clearly.

This guy wasn't just an asshat in 2010, he's been a continuous dick ever since then by not making every effort possible to correct this situation.