Taichung, Taiwan

The barcode on your VA card apparently is scannable for your personal information, versus it being on the magnetic strip on the back.

Many of you may already know this though.

Just tried scanning my VA Medical card but the barcode is already scratched and rubbed to hell.

Last edited by katsumbhong (Dec 2, 2013 3:12 am)

Alive and well in fucksville

so what? the illuminati is not out to get me. I am kind of a boring guy.. I mean I fry doughnuts for a living and make chiptunes.

Last edited by bitjacker (Dec 2, 2013 5:44 pm)

Litebritedeath Land

I think Katsumbhong was talking more about the fact that if you lost your VA card someone could easily scan it with their phone vs having to have a magnetic strip reader.  It's not about the illuminati more of a tip to keep your personal information safe.

Arad, Romania

Pretty useful tip considering that a large portion of the members here are veterans.

well i will put my card in a safe

Taichung, Taiwan
bitjacker wrote:

well i will put my card in a safe

Well, I guess that's safe. tongue

Maine

****off topic

Litebritedeath Land

@puke_flytalker it's been nice knowing you bro.

Maine

well i mean no one is bothering this thread.. why is it people jump on my back over a picture?

because veterans are awesome.

Litebritedeath Land

It's more towards your attitude over said pic and how relentless you are in your rights to post them when you have been told repeatedly what is/isn't appropriate on the forums.  There are plenty of vets around here and this is an informative post.  ICP lookalike pics not so much.  You really should just let it go.  It's silly to keep acting out like an mistreated child.

Maine

i agree but this is an off topic thread and according to what ive been scolded for this isnt appropriate for a chiptune board.. although i fully agree about warning veterans about this craziness.. might i also add its easy as hell to yank personal info off of twic cards.. something else you should keep hidden in a safe place when not in use

i have not been told repeatedly might i add

Last edited by Puke_Flytalker (Dec 2, 2013 11:27 pm)

NC in the US of America

This is good to know. I'll have to let my veteran uncle know about this.

Puke_Flytalker wrote:

i agree but this is an off topic thread and according to what ive been scolded for this isnt appropriate for a chiptune board.. although i fully agree about warning veterans about this craziness.. might i also add its easy as hell to yank personal info off of twic cards.. something else you should keep hidden in a safe place when not in use

i have not been told repeatedly might i add

If you dislike this thread so much feel free to click the "REPORT" link under the OP and/or rally other users in the collective cm.o community to back your cause and decide collectively that this thread is irrelevant to us as a community.

I think it is pretty lame and petty to complain about someone else's thread being off-topic and seemingly passive-aggressively trying to get it closed just because you're upset that yours did get closed while at the same time trying to defend off-topic threads as a whole :\

Just be cool, man. You don't have to take every fight that comes your way... this is making me sad sad Go with the flow. You're not going to win anybody over from a state of "uptightness" by being uptight about their being uptight about your lack of uptightivity.

And even if this thread does get closed, it is not deleted, and will continue to exist and serve its purpose of informing us of this serious problem in the graveyard or whatever I guess.... >_>

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Dec 3, 2013 2:52 am)

Tacoma WA

Wait he's talking about something being off topic!?!?!

The end of days truly are upon us..........  Pffffffffttttt

Sweden

Way to ruin a great thread with your incoherent ramblings, Puke_Flytalker

Manchester, UK

The guy's a classic attention seeker. Ignore the sh*t out of him and he'll go away.