how much for the rumble cart

Canada
12ianma wrote:

how much for the rumble cart

Sorry, my carts are not for sale, they took me ages to accumulate.

Taichung, Taiwan

Print your own PCB and you can drop in whatever chip you want.

Canada
katsumbhong wrote:

Print your own PCB and you can drop in whatever chip you want.

I'd still like it to look somewhat factory. Which chip would require the least amount of re-routing?

All require much re routing

Taichung, Taiwan

3-year project and no knowledge of flash rom chips??? Are you sure?!

Canada
katsumbhong wrote:

3-year project and no knowledge of flash rom chips??? Are you sure?!

My project incorporates many things, a programmable cartridge is only a small part of it.

matt's mind

the answer to your question is in reading through a whole lot of datasheets, you're being cryptic enough about your project to where its frustrating the people who are trying to help you out (to be blunt...  there isn't a 100% compatible drop-in OTP prom out there which requires zero thinking or re-routing).  it takes a lot (a lot a lot a lot) of time and energy and patience and reading, its just how electronics projects work. 

i doubt you'll find someone to do it for you, especially for a DIY (y=yourself) project. 

a very appropriate answer has already been given in this thread.   it would behoove you to google the part # and read the datasheet, and then decide for yourself whether it will work for your project.  since we have no idea what it is you're doing, there is only so much advice anyone here can give.

matt's mind

this thread has many high-quality pictures which may help you in your quest: http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/12226 … artridges/

many people have listed the ROM they used, they shouldn't be hard to find a datasheet for

you'll notice, there is always going to be some amount of hook-up wire involved with altering a 'factory' cartridge PCB to work in the manner you wish.  its an unavoidable element of what you are trying to do.  without knowing the pinout of the game cart you would like to use, there is no way to suggest to you an appropriate replacement which requires the least amount of work.

What is your "project" exactly?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Why not buy the PROM cart from Kitsch, remove the socket and solder directly to the PCB? That way you'll be able to fit it inside a regular cart. Kitsch is super cool and might even be able to hook you up with RAW PCBs or do bulk order discounts.

The added advantage there is that you'll have a socket for use with revision testing/debugging, too.

DESUMATE wrote:

NYC

Holy crap!!!  dat z-tape is amazing!!!  (runs into the shadows)

http://level42.ca/art-work/pokemon-gree … -art-1998/
http://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-gree … ch.305100/
*cashes in his chips*

Last edited by thebitman (Dec 7, 2013 10:05 am)

Straya Mate
defPREMIUM wrote:
DESUMATE wrote:

Iz Seekret. No Can Tell It.

Canada

I would have mentioned it earlier, but I wasn't sure how you guys would have felt about such a project.

06. Any member uploading media that violates Creative Commons licenses or any other copyright will have the material removed immediately and may be banned at the staff's discretion.

10. We do not condone piracy in any form. Anyone posting links to illegal torrents and/or "warez" will be making an offense worthy of a ban from Chipmusic.org by its staff.

Regardless, I don't see why the subject of my project has anything to do with it? I still, would like, a drop in chip. I have no real background in electronics at all, and I was unaware that there was such an immense variety of chip that potentially could be used. I just assumed that there were a known dozen to pick from, and someone already found one that would fit.

Though this does not seem to be the case, which is quite obvious now guys, I guess I will go with the 49F040 chip that was mentioned by Jazzmarazz earlier in this thread, and try to make a redesigned PCB. In an effort to continue the discussion, if anyone chooses to, feel free to comment with any other suggestions. If in turn the admins, and or mod feel that this topic now violates any rules they may have in place, then feel free to remove this topic.