Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:34 am)

ultramega wrote:

I want everyone to have exactly the gameboy they want, the gameboy of their dreamz, lets be kind and patient with eachother and make that happen.

If only I had the money and resources to have the game boy of my dreams...

Apeshit wrote:

Our time offering these products is limited and I'd like to continue offering a good service while we're still able to.

I was going to ask about this earlier, but decided against it.  Since you mentioned it I will ask so everyone can benefit from the answers: How much longer will you be selling this stuff?  Will items that are currently out of stock be restocked?  You said in the past that some products will only be sold wholesale in the future.  Do you yet know who will be reselling in lower quantities for those who won't be purchasing in bulk, if anyone?

Thank you both for your time, service and products.

/me prepares to stock up on screen covers and stuff...

katsumbhong wrote:

This is America!

Nope.  This is the Intarwebs!

Malaysia

I am from Malaysia and I have purchased from both ASM retro and Kitsch smile

I am glad to say that the cartridges and backlights I bought arrived safe and intact~!

Kudos to ASM retro and Kitsch!!!

Cincinnati, OH

No more DIY products!? You guys are the only people that still stock Backlights of all colors! This is sad news to me. :[

EDIT: Nonfinite actually has some I just remembered but come on. You guys have the greatest buttons, cases, screen cover, etc.

Last edited by DMGer (Dec 10, 2013 1:55 am)

Taichung, Taiwan
DMGer wrote:

No more DIY products!? You guys are the only people that still stock Backlights of all colors! This is sad news to me. :[

Nonfinite Electronics bro...

Cincinnati, OH
katsumbhong wrote:
DMGer wrote:

Nonfinite Electronics bro...

Yeah. I just remembered. xD
But still.

Litebritedeath Land
ultramega wrote:

Hey everyone! I am the shipping guy! Here to weigh in on the opinions posted above.

Communication between Rob, myself, and our customers can be fractured at times, we apologize for this! We do however both have other jobs and lives outside of providing top quality GB parts to the community. ASM does not "pay the bills" and therefore cannot be the sole focus of our attention.

We do our best to reply to emails ( feels like the long winded email threads about installations and item swaps have been forgotten! ) and thats all we can do; our best.

@sxe_weekend: Sorry for the confusion, but I should have made this clear during our original email conversation. You were never "owed" stickers for your modded DMG purchase. I build those myself, and Rob does me the favor of allowing me to sell them in the shop, they are not an ASM product and don't count towards stickers. I sent you the original 2 stickers on goodwill (look where it got me!)

This forum isn't the correct place to try to get our attention. You can contact me at my personal email address concerning this and future shipping matters, [email protected].

I want everyone to have exactly the gameboy they want, the gameboy of their dreamz, lets be kind and patient with eachother and make that happen.

(post edited for clarification)

Nowhere on the product description did it say that the $100 gameboy was not eligible for the sticker promotion nor did the blog post where the stickers were announced.  I just find it a bit silly to have a big banner page saying you get stickers with orders over $50 and then tell someone that the $100 order they made isn't eligible for a sticker.  You also never replied to my message about not getting an apeshit sticker so I just let it slide.

@robert selling a modded DMG for $100 and saying you are making nothing is ridiculous.  You seem to have the attitude that you guys are giving modded DMG's away at cost and giving away a sticker with that would eliminate all profit from the sale.  I call BS.  Even If you add up the cost of buying your parts at the price you sell them and a greyboy you are still making profit of pricing it at $100+ shipping.  I am really happy with the Greyboy other than the fact that glue has been smeared down on the top of the clear area of the protector.  Sorry I have to come to a public forum to get your attention but emails were going without reply so It was the next logical step.  You seem to have a really bad attitude towards customers with issues or complaints.  I saw how you replied to 12ianma about his prosound board having issues and thought it came across as very rude.  Instead of dealing with the issue at hand in a civil manner you just accused him of blowing pieces off his board with a heat gun.  You also acted like I should have been aware of not getting promotional items when your own website does not say anything about it.  The greyboy listing is still up if you would like to take a look and show me where it says that the purchase is not eligible for stickers.  Same goes with the emails.  You act like people are in the wrong for emailing the donotreply email when your own email says to reply to it.

Litebritedeath Land

Also a simple sorry would have went a long way Robert.  You are obviously to busy blaming everyone else for issues that arise when ordering from your company.

Boston, MA

I genuinely apologize for your frustration dude. ASM does not make any money from my Ultra Greyboy sales. ASM doesn't take a cent, the profit goes directly to me, and for that reason I can't offer stickers with them.

The sticker advertisement banner was misleading so we are changing it, sorry about that everyone! Sorry about that Corey sad

love and chiptune to all <333

hiding under your bed

Also gonna put my two cents in here, I've always had great experiences with ASM, save for one time I received the wrong backlight colors (which I believe they explained was the fault of the manufacturers, who labeled them wrong before shipping them to ASM), and a cracked DMG shell. They let me keep the backlights and the broken shell and sent me new ones, free of charge (very quickly, might I add).
Otherwise, everything's always gone swimmingly with them.

On the topic of phasing out DIY products, I will also be sad to see it all go.
Sure, Nonfinite's pretty good, but doesn't have as much of a selection as ASM, the quality of some products is a bit lacking, and shipping takes forever, at least for me.
There's also Kitsch (I actually rarely order from Nonfinite any more, all of my orders are through Kitsch and ASM these days), who's AMAZING, but lacks the awesome variety in colors for screen covers, and 4xLED backlights. Otherwise, I'd probably stick with Kitsch for everything.
(I'd also love to see some more PCB-mount prosounds, but it seems as though those are gone for good. sad )

IIRC ASM mentioned in their forums or on their blog that they'd keep some products around for wholesale.
I'd definitely be interested in more info regarding that when it comes along.

EDIT: MASSIVE WALL OF TEXT GONE

Guys it's some stickers.

Last edited by thebitman (Dec 10, 2013 2:42 am)

Litebritedeath Land
ultramega wrote:

I genuinely apologize for your frustration dude. ASM does not make any money from my Ultra Greyboy sales. ASM doesn't take a cent, the profit goes directly to me, and for that reason I can't offer stickers with them.

The sticker advertisement banner was misleading so we are changing it, sorry about that everyone! Sorry about that Corey sad

love and chiptune to all <333

You were great at explaining things and apologizing.  No need to say sorry on Robert's behalf.  You seem like a great guy and thanks for clarifying the situation.  I just was rubbed the wrong way by roberts replies where he points the finger at everything and everyone else and did not even manage to apologize to anyone.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:34 am)

Boston, MA
thebitman wrote:

Guys it's some stickers.

what?! I liked that post! It was intelligent gameboy reading! no0o0o!

Litebritedeath Land
thebitman wrote:

Guys it's some stickers.

It's the customer service that I find lacking and "the customer is always wrong" attitude that Robert seems to have.  Also even if it's just stickers why as a business person would you tell someone that their order is not eligible for stickers that they will stick on their gear to further advertise your business??  Instead of a simple apology I got a bunch of excuses as to why I didn't qualify for an apeshit sticker with my order.  As a collector of street art and stickers I actually was looking forward to getting one of the apeshit stickers when I ordered the DMG.  I'm not upset about not getting the sticker but I am disappointed in how Robert treats some of his customers.

Michigan
thebitman wrote:

Guys it's some stickers.