extreme zan-zan-zawa-veia wrote:

industrial metal - dunno if this genre exists in any cohesive form

Yeah, it does.  This was sorta what led me to other forms of metal.

extreme zan-zan-zawa-veia wrote:

a lot of music with female vocals

This for me, too.

I like a lot of your other stuff, too.  Gotta love TG.

Arad, Romania

My all time favorite would have to be either chiptune or experimental electronic music. I think both are equally as good for me.

I also like techno and ambient music a lot. There are other genres (including non-electronic), but I don't listen to that stuff as often.

my tastes are really orthogonal to genre so its hard to say

i like kate bush but not justin timberlake (pop), i like boris but not ac/dc (rock), i like mineral but not arctic monkeys (indie), i like clark but not four tet (idm), i like viper but not kanye (rap), i like agathocles but not metallica (metal), i like anton maiden but not mac plus (vaporwave), i like [REDACTED] but not [REDACTED] (chiptune), i like k d lang but not that bloke who sings ironically about trucks and sex (country), i like akiko yano but not [?? idk any other jpop artists] (jpop), i like acid king but not acid bath (sludge metal bands with acid in the name)

uh... hopefully that gives you an idea of my tastes in lieu of a concrete list of genres

: - )

MA

Here are some genres I really enjoy
Quite a bit of people think I make these things up but I feel people here are a lot more understanding♥

• Chiptune
• Seapunk
• Witch House
• Chillwave
• Glo-fi
• Breakcore

There are some more things but it's like one or two songs I listen to under other genres

Alive and well in fucksville

songs that have been #1. i listen to nothing else. the critics save me time

St. Charles, MO
SketchMan3 wrote:

Just sayin'... there's way more to 80's music than just the stuff they play on "VH1's Most Awesomely Bad Songs of the 80's"

I realize, but for the most part I just don't like it. I like the songs I Wear My Sunglasses At Night, Broken Wings, and my fave song is actually Electric Avenue. But still most 80's just isn't for me.

Florida

I've really been into a lot ambient/chillwave/dreampop kind of music lately. I'm pretty excited for Tycho's new album. Also Emo music has been coming back lately which I've been listening to as well, like Into It Over It. That's my jam baby

Dallas, Texas

Metal
Ambient
TapBass
Jazz
Acoustic Guitar (a la Antoine Dufour, Andy McKee, Don Ross)
Melodic Chip
Psytrance
Electro
Skweee :3

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Dec 20, 2013 3:02 am)

Boise, ID

reggae, ska, 90's punk, old hippie bands, I used to be into newer metal, all forms of chiptune, ambient/instrumental hip hop (stuff like Shlohmo), I used to listen to a lot of folky-indie stuff, edm, newer (dub/whatever)step, I'm trying to get into trap but i don't really get the hype behind it, and yeah.

edit: and folk-metal is pretty cool

Last edited by ShintarouMusic (Dec 20, 2013 2:58 am)

Columbus, Indiana
SketchMan3 wrote:

my fave song is actually Electric Avenue. But still most 80's just isn't for me.

I have this on vinyl, and yes it is awesome.

I listen to just about anything.
Mainly punk, hardcore, witch house and uh stuff.

Hip-Hop/Rap
Jungle
Hardcore
Breakcore
Thrash Metal
Punk
Witch House
Electronica
Chipmusic (Obviously?)

Florida
TylerBarnes wrote:

Acoustic Guitar (a la Antoine Dufour, Andy McKee, Don Ross)

Dude yes! Drifting is always my go-to song when I play guitar in public

Seattle, WA

Futureblues

England

i dont know

at the moment i like:
80s industrial synth compilations on Strut.
Strange progsynthrockfunk Wha-ha-ha or Damo Suzuki era Can,
Indie pop like Ariel Pink (not really his newer studio stuff though),
The odd hip hop mixtape like Le1f or Zebra Katz.
Lots of female electropop like the Knife, Bjork,Takako Minekawa and the Frank Chickens.
Weird old synth stuff like Roger Roger, Cecil Leuter, all sorts of other 60s & 70 synth library stuff.
Sleezy sexypop like Vanity 6 and Prince
Postpunk like Pere Ubu, Gang of Four, the Pop Group, the Slits
Electronic and techno stuff like Autechre, Aphex twin, Drexyca, Lee Gamble and Robert Hood and Carl Craig
Some Disco like Black Devil Disco Club, Giorgio Moroder (not horrible pop disco abba, Ottawan boney m)

Clermont-Ferrand, France

I'm more into

indie (At the Drive In, Pinback, Sport...)
math rock (Toe, Town Portal...)
punk hardcore (Converge, Trap Them, Gallows...)
metal (The Dillinger Escape Plan, Meshuggah, Sikth, Euglena...)
gipsy jazz (Les doigts de l'homme, Biréli Lagrène...)

oh, and chiptune (I'm not fond of EDM stuff though). Videovalvontaa was the first chip I listened to.

Last edited by PleaseLoseBattle (Dec 20, 2013 11:49 am)

ohio gozaimasu

no one mentioned lolicore yet