Playboy Man-Baby

2014 resolutions:
Play all dem shows
Feel more comfortable releasing albums on the regular
Make talk 2 @ girl??
Get out to some fests and cons (ended up missing Mag in the end)
Drink more Mountain Dew Code Red.

Los Angeles

Despite 13 being the year of truly bad luck, I still had a lot of kick ass accomplishments and fun.
- got another album out, did you see Kool Skulls album art? so lucky he did this for me http://dasid.bandcamp.com/album/gameboyology
- played some awesome shows with awesome people like trash80, wizwars, 8bit weapon 1000 needles, kool skull, slime girls, ahh and many others,too much amazing talent to mention.
-played Frequency 2.0 courtesy of 8bitLA
-favorite show was opening for a special one-off Sonic Death Rabbit performance. Check out Tim Abads customized visuals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDf2oidK … ublyoJWNCg
-got over a $1000 worth of UAD plugins for $500 from their first holiday sale. 2014 is shaping up to be an incredible year of mixing and mastering quality going through the roof

.FILTHadelphia

- Released an album.
- Started a side project.
- Played BRKFest.
- Embraced FM synthesis.
- Kissed the Gameboy goodbye.
- Music style takes a turn for the better.
- Played 8static.
- Maxed out my chipmusic career.

Utah

Well, I played at 8-bit Nights, Ultrachip and the Superbyte pre-party, my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, I attended 8static festival, graduated from the University of Glasgow with a Master's degree in International Politics (China), and I wrote a bunch of new music. Pretty eventful overall.

vancouver, canada

- performed live 6 times
- released a motherflipping album and printed a CD for the first time
- temporarily incited the wrath of the whole world for an evening or two during one live set
- discovered that if you bring a couple of the right adapters, a karaoke room can be instantly transformed into a cool sound room for busting out chip jams
- cradled cTrix's amiga in my arms while prowling the streets of Tokyo late at night
- got back into sample-based tracking again and somehow won a 6-week-long compo
- got retweeted by the guch once or twice or sth
- figuring how to mix + master using a DAW for once

i don't want to die, but if i did today, the above would have already made everything worthwhile.

Brighton/Southampton

Well what the hell,

- got featured on the "noisechan and nugget" compilation alongside virt and co.
- wrote a track for the 'bitpuritans' compilation, which I would say ended up being my favourite chip release of 2013
- won winter chip 8 and famicompo mini 10
- started taking part in ohc's
- came 2nd in the aforementioned 6-week compo (to bryface)
- made a few friends
- composed more music than I have ever composed in a year - including a total of 79 ohcs and about 10 tracks I'm still sitting on that I have yet to release

In chipmusic terms I had a good year smile

Last edited by Fearofdark (Jan 8, 2014 11:33 pm)

lolusa

didn't play a single show
made a lot of music
feels fine

Square sounds tokyo 2013 https://soundcloud.com/metrodub/minikom … oundstokyo