Stockholm, Sweden

Yeah I have this syncing problem as well with getting the right tempo for my XMs. What I do now is make a click in both FT2 and Logic and try to match the tempo. It always find the right BMP is somewhere along the third decimal: 120.351. It could easily be synced perfectly if I just imported the XM to Renoise instead since it handles BPM correctly. But I hate its soundengine, FT2 is much fatter.

It works okay though, I dubbed the drums on the track here (https://soundcloud.com/mannenmedhatten/videod-ds) and I cant find any off-sync beats in the later part of the song. Good enough. But a pain.

why don't you load it into OpenMPT, change the song properties to true BPM and export from there?  Then you have a synced XM.   Unless you have some time critical sample offsets in the XM it should be pretty much the same.

Sweden
qb wrote:

Well, OK, but that is just as bad if it is hard or next to impossible to get it right.

No, not really. Fluctuation or no fluctuation really means the difference between possible and impossible when it comes to getting things to stay consistently synchronized. It's your tools or techniques that are bad.

Last edited by boomlinde (Jan 18, 2014 3:24 pm)

Lake Titicaca

LGPT, Sunvox, Milkytracker and Renoise all do perfect BPM, good for sampling into each other.

AdlibTracker2 and nanoloop do not.

not sure about LSDJ and famitracker though.

Lake Titicaca

Does anyone know if Pulsar and NTRQ are good at exact BPMs for sampling into other programs? Anyone had experience of using them on PSP nes emulators?

Arad, Romania

Well, considering that OpenMPT cannot approximate (at least not accurately) the real BPM of MOD songs, I'm pretty much screwed. There isn't a better way to calculate it, and if it is as simple as you put it, then why doesn't OpenMPT work? It calculated a tempo of 125 BPM and I could tell it was way off from the first couple of seconds. It doesn't seem to have this problem with XM files curiously enough.

You should probably ask Saga Musix on pouet.net about that.

tbh if you're looking to sync it against something I still think it'd be better to use OpenMPT's true BPM setting, .MOD files are even more inaccurate on their frame playback than XM or ITs are iirc.

Last edited by 4mat (Jan 18, 2014 5:50 pm)

Arad, Romania

The true BPM setting doesn't work with MODs, unless you convert them to a different format (in a different program) I suppose, but that kinda messes up some of the parameters.

Last edited by qb (Jan 18, 2014 11:07 pm)

S H I T S I T E LOL !

most subjective question/s .

canada

one billion smile

New Zealand

over the years id have to say i get alot of werk done at 86

1337 bpm is my favorite.

But I usually find myself working between 120 and 140.

Unsubscribe