trash80 wrote:
americasteam7 wrote:

There is nothing in the rules that say a time update is wrong.

Keyword: "common sense"...

site-rules wrote:

01. Play nice and use common sense.

And...

trading-post-rules wrote:

- If you are selling or looking for several items at the same time, please post everything in one thread.

Two things wrong with that logic. 1. "If you are selling for several items at the same time" Ok I was selling one item.

2. An end update is perfectly within the means of common sense. I was trying to sell something. Not posting that time update would have given me a worse chance at selling my item.

e.s.c. wrote:

if a staff member closes a thread, do NOT make an identical new one. they closed it for a reason

It was not an identical thread. It was a thread warning people about the little amount of time left before the item ended.

Los Angeles, CA
americasteam7 wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

you do realize making a new thread about the same thing is the same as a bump, right? not technically, but in all practical ways

New thread, new content in regards to the same item... not a bump.

Except it's not new content!  It was the same content, at a slightly different point in time!

Tacoma, WA

BLUF: Here, the word of the mod is the word of god.

Kitsch is a sensible guy and genuinely cares for the well being of the site. If he has asked you not to do something, then you should listen. He gave you a warning, which should be a clear indication to refrain from doing anything that could further incriminate you. Because you didn't listen and proceeded on your merry way, this is the result. I am sorry if you don't like that some places on the internet enforce their rules; that's just how it is here. As I haven't seen you around very much, I would go so far as to say that you lack the understanding of what a moderator does and how his position must require him to take such actions. Your best course of action now is to apologize and save some face, because you're making a right fool of yourself right now.

Last edited by Vellain (Feb 18, 2014 9:39 pm)

Mrwimmer wrote:
americasteam7 wrote:

New thread, new content in regards to the same item... not a bump.

Except it's not new content!  It was the same content, at a slightly different point in time!

OK new reason for posting a thread about the same item. Different point of time gave me a new reason to post the thread. A time update.

Taichung, Taiwan

Ban this sucka!

Vellain wrote:

Kitsch is a sensible guy and genuinely cares for the well being of the site. If he has asked you not to do something, then you should listen. He gave you a warning, which should be a clear indication to refrain from doing anything that could further incriminate you. Because you didn't listen and proceeded on your merry way, this is the result. I am sorry if you don't like that some places on the internet enforce their rules; that's just how it is here. As I haven't seen you around very much, I would go so far as to say that you lack the understanding of what a moderator does and how his position must require him to take such actions. Your best course of action now is to apologize and save some face, because you're making a right fool of yourself right now.

You guys really don't get it do you? I did listen. "Don't pointlessly bump your sale threads without giving an important update." Ok I got it. I did nothing against the rules. You guys are exhibiting every logical fallacy in the book right now.

katsumbhong wrote:

Ban this sucka!

Being the one person who was trolling me and being mean to me the most you have no say in this conversation.

Los Angeles

Closed.  Respect the rules. If there was miscommunication- shit happens- we are on the internet.

Also this site is community first, sales are a non-issue and you're just adding fuel to a fire that does not exist. Try helping the community instead of making a profit.