Matthew Joseph Payne

Eh? :3

I built the arduino bit for this awhile back, I'm still excited to put it to use! Just need the code! smile

Matthew Joseph Payne

Man, I'm totally about to give up, dismantle the hardware I built and build another arduinoboy. sad

Fargo
kineticturtle wrote:

Man, I'm totally about to give up, dismantle the hardware I built and build another arduinoboy. sad

Don't give up on it.  This is gonna be cool .  It'd probably be less time consuming to get a new arduino and leave the already assembled piece for when this project is finally finished. If only chip musicians could make a living off this stuff, then we wouldn't have to wait so long.   But then, if we could, we'd probably miss the community we have now.

Has there been some progress, Batsly?  I'm not trying to be a pain, just wondering is all.  I totally understand how busy things can get.  You gotta have time to be a human too!  (Sleep, hang out, leisure stuff.)  That's assuming you ARE human, as you are an Addams.  tongue

Brooklyn, NY

Yeah man - I've been testing back and forth with bleo on skype whenever we're both available, but the project was (obviously) put on the backburner for a bit. What happened was I ended up chasing down that sample problem which required an entire rewrite of the communication routine of both parts. It ended up taking a lot of work and I burned out.

As it stands:
VRC6 is working perfectly (sawtooth table was a little sour, but that's fixed)
Note offsets / channel reassignment work great, controllable a gamepad, 6 note chords are fun (2pulse + triangle + 2 Vpulse + sawtooth)
Samples do work, but it's a bit of a kludge and I haven't tested how it affects performance. Not sure if I'd call it a success yet.

I'll gladly send the current ROM / arduino sketch to anyone who'd like to test it, just PM me.

Geneva, NY

He said skype but don't believe the hype. It was google chat tongue

Anyhow, I can attest to the awesomeness here. I mean, vrc6!?!?!? It's sick. Wait till n106 happens.

Matthew Joseph Payne

heart!! PMing now!

WOW! I NEED IT NOW! big_smile

Easton, PA, USA

Is this still on the back burner?

Melbourne, Australia
zerolanding wrote:

Is this still on the back burner?

...last word four months ago was that kitsch is involved, and that there will be something available to buy at some point:

http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/189172/#p189172

Easton, PA, USA

Thank You uXe, looks like I did not dig deep enough. Caught up now.