Mexico City

56KBPS Records celebrates its 5th anniversary with Format.DF, a compilation album where we present music from the first edition of Format.DF, the biggest chiptune festival to date in Latin America, that took place in Mexico City in November 2013, plus many tracks from our friends in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Guatemala, Spain and United States.

LISTEN / BUY

"Almost two years ago, two or three chip musicians and a couple of Chiptune backers/aficionados met in a small apartment located in the heart of Mexico City thinking over what the future of the Mexican scene would be like. Gecko, one of the veterans, came up with this phrase: “It’s 8bit time!” Someone else muttered: “Chido-Chip”*. Almost two and a half years ago I received an email from Chema Padilla, founder of 56kbps Records, whom I met sometime later in a pizza place. He described his record label, he talked about an international art collective: “Chipotle Collective”. “We almost have no activity in the real world” he concluded. Almost a year ago, inside a room decorated with books and old consoles, five members of Chipotle Collective were worried to death. Long-distance calls. -“Are you coming then Alex Powrs?” -“Sure thing”. Plane ticket money, the list with the names of the musicians, savings… Suddenly, organizing a festival didn`t seem like something completely impossible: “FORMAT DF”. Almost ten years ago (ten years ago!) I used to stick my cassette tape recorder to the TV speakers hoping to capture a fragment of the soundtrack of Megaman III. The end result was less than good but I listened to it anyway. Some time ago, said time ago, Numbers, names, images, dates… The memory (and a hyperlink) remains with us so we can keep going."

Tracklist:

1. Console Killer – Violence   05:23
2. Danimal Cannon – Rhapsody   06:14
3. Chema64 – Ghost in the Machine   03:16
4. Humanoize – NoisyBoy   05:08
5. MENEO – Fingers   03:00
6. Crab sound – Nooby Clairvoyance   03:51
7. Maniac Freak-Quency – Auto-Destruct Sequence    03:56
8. Alex Powrs – Coral    03:13
9. PopcornKid! – Skyward   04:11
10. Gecko – Thermobyte   02:29
11. Neuroflip – Break Alarm   03:15
12. Pulselooper – Macumba   03:33
13. Kealkowa – bassyou   04:30
14. Coleco Music – Irak Undo   03:47
15. Pak-Zer0 – No Drama 03:50
16. Droid-ON – Agudaz 03:47
17. YZYX – The Awakening of Cyborgs Pt. I & Pt. II   06:58
18. Skycstls – Peripherya   03:20
19. Naiky – Die Another Day   03:29
20. H33llxz – Sueño en Rojo Brillante   02:15
21. Pi Mark – Bye Bye Annie Mapache   02:51
22. Silly Rave – Until We Meet Again   03:08
23. rolemusic – Tristeza   04:54
24. Bon – Miau   03:33
25. Ui – This Lost Place   02:26
26. FES – Deja Vu   04:14
27. eme7h – The Whale   04:50
28. Anwar Sánchez – What´s I O   03:14
29. Vespeon – Ecosphere   03:12
30. Atoms or Faeries – Ulime   05:30

LISTEN / BUY

Sevilla, Spain

YESSSSS!

Mexico

Great Album! The best of Latin America!

Buenos Aires

Chido Chip!!!

São Paulo, Brazil

Isso é bom pra caralho. Parabéns a todos os irmãos sudakas envolvidos nessa comp maravilhosa!

Madriz, Supain

PAKZERO IS LATIN, I KNEW IT WEI

Sevilla, Spain
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

Hahahahaha, Yes I am! Lick my chipotle sauce pinche weon!

Madriz, Supain
PaK-Zer0 wrote:
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

Hahahahaha, Yes I am! Lick my chipotle sauce pinche weon!

Chipotle in castillian spanish always makes me laugh so much. We shall make a compo about it