Milwaukee, WI

This thread sucks.

San Diego

Even Aphex Twin has used other names. Pulled from his wiki: Aphex Twin has also recorded music under the aliases AFX, Blue Calx, Bradley Strider, Caustic Window, Smojphace, GAK, Martin Tressider, Polygon Window, Power-Pill, Q-Chastic, Tahnaiya Russell, The Diceman, The Tuss, and Soit-P.P.

Madriz, Supain

This is my throw away name actually..

idk are you talking about aliases that everyones aware of or pretending to be a totally different person
either way im kind of biased but i think its fine

Nottingham, UK

For a Broken Earth was the title of an album I never made and is now the soundcloud page I used to catch the majority of my misc ideas. Then I have 2 other artist names I use for unrelated projects, and there have been numerous other for short lived projects, collabs ect.

Names a name, not necessarily an identity. If you got to know some one who called themselves george, and then they have a name change to become barry, they're still the same person you knew.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Mar 10, 2014 6:24 pm)

Sweden

I guess Ateno is your real name and that it defines how seriously you approach relationships.

Detroit, MI

I like to use different artist names for different genres I feel like doing. I like to organize things and to have one artist do minimal dnb and chiptune and electro house and neurofunk just seems too cluttered to me. I think it'd be fun though, to have two artist names and have them collab or something and get people to believe that they both aren't you.

D D D Detroit, not the burbs

I will take on a serious name when i start releasing music, djcactus was more of a fuck around i have gameboys and nintendo ds.  Now more so i do random audio work for people in my free time, usually de-essing or light compressing on vocals.  It is what it is.

like i said, if i was releasing music out of my rig i would probably have a better name then this, its more of a handle at this point.