Santa Cruz, California

I was originally going for a larger display, but the convoluted discription a got on amazon led me to getting this 5".
I honestly like the way it looks, and seems reminiscent of screen sizes in the 80's. But this is only a prototype, and the production models will have 7" displays.

I like the look of the small screen, but understand why you would want a larger screen

Santa Cruz, California

I prefer the smaller one. I think it has a more authentic appeal.

Santa Cruz, California
Another Castle wrote:

Logged on to my favorite handheld gaming blog today to see a familiar sight.
http://tinycartridge.com/post/785681472 … -nate-alig
I think this counts as being famous, man.

Holy Shit! Somebody else posted my work somewhere? I AM FAMOUS!

California
Teh D3th St4r wrote:
Another Castle wrote:

Logged on to my favorite handheld gaming blog today to see a familiar sight.
http://tinycartridge.com/post/785681472 … -nate-alig
I think this counts as being famous, man.

Holy Shit! Somebody else posted my work somewhere? I AM FAMOUS!

heck yeah i love tiny cartridge. I check their blog religiously and when I saw your work on there I was ecstatic! haha

I snagged an 8 inch lcd monitor (not cheap) from some chinese website. its legit. i'm using it in an Atari Flashback in Mac Plus arcade box. Epic.

Santa Cruz, California
8bitDAD wrote:

I snagged an 8 inch lcd monitor (not cheap) from some chinese website. its legit. i'm using it in an Atari Flashback in Mac Plus arcade box. Epic.

That sounds sick!
Do you have a build thread for it?

Santa Cruz, California

Sorry, this isn't a build update (I'm in Stockton) but I did snag some shit with potential from the flea market!

NES that works pretty well:

A Commodore Plus/4 that I don't have any plans for yet.

I only paid $16 for the pair. Not a spectacular deal, but I certainly didn't pay too much.

no build thread. this is something I started on almost a year ago! I've got a kid and a wife and job and no time for anything fun.

Santa Cruz, California

Sooooo... yeah. I've been living in Stockton for the last couple of months.
Just got a new laptop.
I'm over 100 miles away from all of my projects.
I think I'll start something new while I'm out here, and jump back into my Travel NES as soon as I get back home.

The Pacific Ocean
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

Sorry, this isn't a build update (I'm in Stockton) but I did snag some shit with potential from the flea market!

NES that works pretty well:

A Commodore Plus/4 that I don't have any plans for yet.

I only paid $16 for the pair. Not a spectacular deal, but I certainly didn't pay too much.

That's a great deal by my standards, the cheapest I've found an nes is like 30...

Santa Cruz, California

I've been going a little stir-crazy without anything to mod, so I had my old man send me a dmg and a collection of parts...
Stand by...

South UK

Man, I've just read this entire thread, and your mods are top-notch dude. TOP. NOTCH.

Would be good to see you finish the frankenkeyboard but I don't think I could live without the numberpad on my keyboard. Those shortcuts are some of the best!

Santa Cruz, California
Category wrote:

Man, I've just read this entire thread, and your mods are top-notch dude. TOP. NOTCH.

Would be good to see you finish the frankenkeyboard but I don't think I could live without the numberpad on my keyboard. Those shortcuts are some of the best!

The keyboard is finished and working (but dismantled for paint and patina).
You're not the first person to suggest that I should have left the numeral pad.
The next one will have a complete keyboard with the DMG mounted off to the side.

Santa Cruz, California

Okay. My dad shipped me some parts to play with.
I have a plan, and it's another one I haven't seen before.
It'll be simple, but super rad.

Stay tuned.

Alabama

Placing all my bets on you cutting the backlights somehow and making them both fit so the DMG has a two toned screen. tongue I've never seen it done.