Leiden

For my upcoming album Pixel Me Square I created a second trailer.
This time my 8bit alter ego is trying to get my attention while I have been working day and night for my little fellow...
sadly he does not let me get a little bit of extra sleep which I need so much right now...

Check out this trailer and tell me what you think smile! Lets merge 8bit and real life and pixel stuff square!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVkL3aMp9eI

(´・_・`)

Leiden

Not sure if (´・_・`) is supposed to be positive or negative...

South Korea

yes

NYC

Checked out a couple of your other videos too.  That's some amazing work you're doing.  Keep it up man.

Leiden

Thankx 3ndymion! Always trying to find new and crazy ways to enhance my music wink.

UK

8bit? But your alter ego is clearly a 24-bit, 16 million color, RPG Maker VX sprite.

Leiden

You should not take things THAT seriously ;p it is all about the vibe and style.

UK

The style is reminiscent of the 16-bit consoles if anything. Even then, the high colour sprites have that Playstation vibe about them.

South Korea

I really like the video, and also the song smile Just the transition (in the music) between real life and in game seems a bit choppy. But other than that, the style and everything is great fun! Good job man.

Leiden

Thankd Deer wink. The idea is that the music is playing in Carf his 8bit world so I only hear it like its coming from a small speaker phone.
In the end the sound could have been better indeed but I am learning from every project that I do wink.

NC in the US of America

I thought it was cool. I didn't think the transitions were bad. Music was a bit loud. Drowned out the low-key acting a bit. Didn't really have anything particularly innovative going on, but it was still neat.

You need to get your bits straight, though. I can only think of one 8-bit console that MAYBE might be capable of those graphics. "8-bit" label as an inappropriately used gimmick word is nauseating :\

Playboy Man-Baby
SketchMan3 wrote:

You need to get your bits straight, though. I can only think of one 8-bit console that MAYBE might be capable of those graphics. "8-bit" label as an inappropriately used gimmick word is nauseating :\

Come on, guy, it's that "nostalgic 8bit feel"!

Indiana

cute idea for an album teaser

you're a producer tho man, mix your audio!

Leiden
Fudgers wrote:

cute idea for an album teaser

you're a producer tho man, mix your audio!

Wish I could do better but since I lost hearing on the left side and got tinnitus in return it became a serious hassle.
Therefor I started to create something completely different then I ever did before (mostly EDM) and switched to this
more 8/16bit style of music. At this moment creating complex creations with a good atmosphere that takes you back
to that good old NES era is more important to me then the final quality of the mix. Of course it should sound good,
but I do miss certain frequencies...