Poland

Hey! My name's Pete. I (mostly) make music using tracker software like Milky Tracker, OpenMPT (former MODPlug), etc. I also use LMMS but these days only for making samples (later adeited in Audacity) for my tracker-made songs (tracks? big_smile ). I play the guitar, a little bit of drums and piano and used to play violin. I make different kinds of music (that's why you may see completely different musical genres among my uploads, same goes for my artwork). Recently I try to put chiptune arpeggios into anything I make big_smile. The artwork that accompanies my videos is also made by me (i like to draw and make digital art in GIMP). If by any chance you would like me to provide you (is this even grammatically correct? big_smile ) with some custom art for your music, don't hesitate and ask! I'll gladly do it for free (provided that I'm not super busy with real life jobs, fighting dragons and rescuing princesses at the moment) smile.

Here's the site where I upload my drawings: http://motionride.deviantart.com/
And my main site-blog thingy: http://motionride.tumblr.com/

If you want to find me on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Dailymotion or suggest a social media site that you like, visit my profile, send me a message or contact me via the good old cup-on-a-string big_smile.

USA
MotionRide wrote:

If by any chance you would like me to provide you (is this even grammatically correct? big_smile ) with some custom art for your music, don't hesitate and ask! I'll gladly do it for free (provided that I'm not super busy with real life jobs, fighting dragons and rescuing princesses at the moment) smile.

Welcome Pete,

I think its rad how you put it out there that you support other artists by offering free artwork. I do the same thing whenever possible.

I also modify the graphics in some ROMs for other atrists -
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4249/custom-graphics/

Hit me up if you want me to make you something.

It must be tons of fun fighting dragons and rescuing princesses for a living. (If you used the word slaying instead of fighting I might have something to worry about.)

I also love how you use parentheses in your online speech.(I use parentheses all the time!)

Play it Loud!

Poland
SurfaceDragon wrote:
MotionRide wrote:

If by any chance you would like me to provide you (is this even grammatically correct? big_smile ) with some custom art for your music, don't hesitate and ask! I'll gladly do it for free (provided that I'm not super busy with real life jobs, fighting dragons and rescuing princesses at the moment) smile.

Welcome Pete,

I think its rad how you put it out there that you support other artists by offering free artwork. I do the same thing whenever possible.

I also modify the graphics in some ROMs for other atrists -
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4249/custom-graphics/

Hit me up if you want me to make you something.

It must be tons of fun fighting dragons and rescuing princesses for a living. (If you used the word slaying instead of fighting I might have something to worry about.)

I also love how you use parentheses in your online speech.(I use parentheses all the time!)

Play it Loud!

Haha! Thanks. I'll check out your stuff. Coming from a non English speaking country I had to check the word "parentheses". big_smile I'm sure there will be more of those parasites... parent thesis... parachutes... parentheses in what I write in the future. big_smile

Well, hello there everybody. I signed up last night and got my first LSDJ cart yesterday...

I'm not really sure what i'm doing...just that i wanted to try something new and perhaps learn...

Sid...or 10SPD as some know him...told me to come here and ask questions if certain tutorials didnt help me...

anyways, i come from a metal guitarist background...in a sense...my youtube channel is here > www.youtube.com/0synysterboy0

I just figured id try something...im not all that terribly great at the chiptune game...i just learned how to do the PU1 and PU2 channels...Im still working on formulating percussion and more technical melodies...but its pretty basic Imho. Nothing too difficult...just an applied science. and i love it.

OH, well anyways, im Benji.

Yo!

I coded a little piece o software called defMON for the C64 and noticed that it was mentioned on this board. So I just felt like registering here to see if there is anyone around who actually use that program. smile Not sure that I'll start hanging out here a lot though, but who knows.

Perhaps I should also add that I've done a bunch of live shows together with goto80, although it was a while ago since last time now, and I am also a close friend of Role Model, and the dude who made the LSDj logo is another close friend of mine, and so on. So although I never saw myself as part of the chipmuzak movement I've been kind of in the middle of this shit for quite a while now. big_smile I've mainly been into the demo scene side of things, organizing the Little Computer People party series (including Big Floppy People and some other parties).

Anyway, I started a little thread on defMON, so head over there if you're interested in that program:
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/14505/defmon/

//FTC

Last edited by frantic (Jun 9, 2014 10:41 am)

Michigan

Yo guys! I used to call myself lucasnoah, but I've changed my name to infodrive. LET'S GO!

hey peeps of cm.o ,im FissureVibe (or blue pulse) and im about kickin ass and taking names! but for real,im just an average nerd looking to make my own chip music. ive been listening to electronic music for about 3 years and only recently got into chiptune. i really love the sound of chiptunes (like every f@#$king fan of chip music) and how diverse it can be even with the limitations it has. thats pretty much it for my intro,so ill end it like i would with a school project presentation with a.......so,um yeah.

hey peeps of cm.o ,im FissureVibe (or blue pulse) and im about kickin ass and taking names! but for real,im just an average nerd looking to make my own chip music. ive been listening to electronic music for about 3 years and only recently got into chiptune. i really love the sound of chiptunes (like every f@#$king fan of chip music) and how diverse it can be even with the limitations it has. thats pretty much it for my intro,so ill end it like i would with a school project presentation with a.......so,um yeah.

Brisbane, Australia

I used to be active on 8bc 4 or 5 years ago under the moniker "AndyExpandy". Wanting to link up with all of my old Australian friends/become active in the worldwide chipmusic community again. Mainly used LSDJ back then but I'm basically starting from scratch now. Not sure if many people check this thread but yeah hi haha

(I have an account on here under my old name but feel free to delete it if anyone reading this has that power, thank you for your time and attention)

Last edited by andos edge (Jun 21, 2014 2:36 pm)

Hey there!

My name is Trond aka Sinfour. I've been producing music since mid 90's and started up with Impulse Tracker. In 2003 i tried FL Studio and I've been stuck with that ever since. I have always been fan of chiptunes, but recently started to produce/compose my own chiptunes. I'm at the very beginning to learn how chiptunes work in case of layout and structure, after many many years of producing and remixing repedetive and long trance tracks. Beside music I am a co-owner of a orginasation called "Spillmuseet", in english: Game Museum. We are arranging a Retro Game Convention once a year with around 1000 visitors. I grew up with Vic20, Commodore 64, Amiga and NES, and I have kept the love for playing old games. And of course a lot of the music from that era have inspired me to produce music in the first place.
If you are curious, you can check out my music at www.soundcloud.com/sinfour . Its mainly progressive trance and dj mixes, but it will be more chiptunes in the near future, I promise smile

All the best
//Trond aka Sinfour

Québec

Bonjour,
I've been lurking for a little bit, and since I just got my modded DMG with my ems cartridge I figured I might as well start posting.
I'm working on my first song in LSDJ, with the help of Nick Maynard's zine and the LSDJGuides YT channel, I'll post something when I'm happy with the result.
I have literally  no background in music (I have an old electric guitar gathering dust that I never bothered to learn playing) but I like it so far.
Anyway that's it, I don't know what to add now lol.

P.S.: Any other French-Canadians folks from Québec around here?

Hi, Chome Vomit here. A tourist in a scene I have no real information about besides from what I've read from this forum and couple of other sites. Running wild with Nanoloop 2.7.1 which I got last week. From Finland.

Helsinki, Finland

Hello site!
Occasional lurker signing up here. Thought I'd try actually chatting a bit too (no pun intended). My main online musical hangout is RateYourMusic.com but the place has hardly any other srs chiptune fans. neutral

I've been looking into the scene since about '10… also I'm an on-and-off demoscene/tracker/videogame music fan already since the mid-to-late 90s. Not a musician though (unlike most of you, it seems?)

waddup tropylium, nice to have a listener around---who're some of your favs from the scene?

Helsinki, Finland

This spring I've been listening to the Smiletron archives a lot. Some other faves include Fearofdark, Dubmood, Big Giant Circles, lpower, flashygoodness, freezedream… I seem to largely gravitate towards "crossover" chiptune.

best find in the last few weeks: Aethernaut – Steamfist Island II

UK

Hi everyone,

I'm Stuart, a UK-based sound designer with an interest in all things Chiptune smile

I'm a newbie to LSDJ so hoping to find some good tips and tricks here, as well as staying up to date on all things Chiptune in general.

Glad to be a part of the community. See you around!