SLC, UT

Title says it all. Pretty impressive spot on clone. From running it in BGB it doesn't look like cartridge uses anything special, just a ROM. So would there be any interest in some production carts? I haven't talked to the dev yet, just kind of wanted to get a response here.

Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1arYXOawP8

Download link is in the description.

CA

One of the most pointless things I've ever seen. I fucking want one!

Michigan

Checked the ROM in uCon64.
0.25MB ROM
no RAM
CRC ok

Its all good for real hardware.

SLC, UT

So this could easily be put on one of kitsch's PROM carts? I wonder if they'd fit in a normal shell if it didn't have the socket on it.

Michigan

Yes and maybe. If you got a Plastic enclosed PROM, it could be filed down to size. If you use a UV EPROM, then it really couldn't be.
If Kitsch would release the other carts I designed for him, that would be certain to fit in a shell and more easy to make, but he quit talking to me and I don't know why. sad

I will definitely take one if it gets put into production \m/

Jazz: his inbox is usually full, maybe that's it?

Taichung, Taiwan

Link to rom?

Michigan
katsumbhong wrote:

Link to rom?

Its in the youtube desc.

SLC, UT

Wondering if ASM might be a better option here since they've got shell production (presumably) up and running. Though I wouldn't be against using a donor cartridge. I would love a kit, one tiny pcb, one eprom, a label, and maybe a cart?

Michigan
stargazer wrote:

Wondering if ASM might be a better option here since they've got shell production (presumably) up and running. Though I wouldn't be against using a donor cartridge. I would love a kit, one tiny pcb, one eprom, a label, and maybe a cart?

I asked about a year ago if he would sell shells and he turned me down.

SLC, UT

So at this point if it's going to happen the options are donor shells, or those translucent aftermarket color shells?

Matthew Joseph Payne

Even if ASM won't sell shells, he might be into doing the repro itself.

Sweeeeeeden

FUCK! This is what happens when you delay your releases. I've also been working on a GB version of Flappy Bird which is basically finished, and this is the second or maybe even third person to release a port before me.

Taichung, Taiwan
nitro2k01 wrote:

FUCK! This is what happens when you delay your releases. I've also been working on a GB version of Flappy Bird which is basically finished, and this is the second or maybe even third person to release a port before me.

Put sunglasses on the bird and release it.

Santa Cruz, CA

Hey folks. I'm the creator of this Flappy Bird 8-bit interpretation. It would be really cool to see it on some carts so I just wanted to make myself available in case I could help out at all.