Hello

finally, a major update for nanoloop one is avaialble as beta:

http://www.nanoloop.com/one/17.html

It combines 1.3's punchy beats and hardsync ("wave retrigger") with 2.7's step pause and variable pattern length.

Furthermore, JDDJ3J convinced me that tables for arpeggio and waves are necessary and that we need 16 wave forms and 16 harmonics. Voilà, Jules.

My favorite is the new envelope model though: Decays on the noise and square channels can be up to 8 times faster than those generated by the soundchip. Short decays make the little bleeps and dry beats possible that one would expect from a Game Boy but that the soundchip can't deliver.

Estimated release of 1.7 and new nanoloop one carts is by end of next week (2014-7-25).

IL, US

nice! will be loading this on my cart later to check it out. excellent timing as i just sold the last of the 4 1.3 carts i had smile

great to see new developments oliver, and even more exciting that the old features are coming back ! yikes

Abandoned on Fire

Mute and solo! Thank you big_smile

Un-solo is missing though, solo just mutes the other channels.

Last edited by oliver (Jul 16, 2014 4:20 pm)

Los Angeles

wooo! time to dust off my nl one

Turku, FIN

Any news on the new nl TWO carts?

The TWO carts will take a couple of weeks.

Abandoned on Fire
oliver wrote:

Un-solo is missing though, solo just mutes the other channels.

Ahh I see, still cool and useful.  Un-solo or "toggle solo" would be great tho.

france

Great I love this little beast

California

My prayers have been answered thanks Oliver
I can now stop hoarding 1.3's haha
been wanting wave retrigger on nano one forever

Had a try yesterday! Just a small thing about the mac readme, it seems to embody the wrong file for what you add after "-send".
I managed to make it work, but it could be cool to have something more helpful in terms of readme (I was personally not used at all to terminal commands like this and found it a bit unclear).

Other than that, I love the slight changes to the general interface (much more readable and contrasted). And I love the short release length! Amazing!

I only started recently with NL and it frustrated me a bit (especially when compared to LSDJ's Kill function, very handy for short and snappy notes), it's a great fix.

The ability to mute track very easily like this is great too.

I'm sorry for that and have updated the OSX readme.

ttvvrcdd wrote:

especially when compared to LSDJ's Kill function, very handy for short and snappy notes.

Very short notes were possible with gate mode in nanoloop 1.6, too (and still are in 1.7). But that also just kills the note, which gives a rather harsh, clicky sound.

I wonder if can you do really short envelopes with LSDj? I mean an actual envelope with decay, not just hard on/off? I don't have a flash cart right now, so I can't try it myself. I know you can use tables for envelopes but it looks like they're not fast enough. Maybe I just missed something, I'm still not an LSDj expert.

Last edited by oliver (Jul 17, 2014 11:19 am)

France (au milieu)

stupid question: is it possible to load it direct on the ''B face'' of a USB cartidge, to have some practice before getting and actual version ?
or you need to have a 1.3 version and somehow update it and then load on the card ?

or you can't load it on a USB card at all ?

I got the free demo version already but never actually  achieved to get a simple riff out of it...
when everybody seems to agree that it is sooo easy to get into it, gasp, I feel somehow ashamed, weakened, frustrated about it... smile

Had no major pb to get started with LSDJ though... nanoloop just seems... weird and obscur... but i've heard you could fat bass lines out of version 1.3, which does interest me a lot...

I have another grey box lying somewhere in the attic, i'm very happy with 1xLSDJ... and would rather go for NL+LSDJ than 2xLSDJ, if I decide to link things up in the future... feel like it's a more complementary/evolutive option

São Paulo, Brazil

Thanks for the great update Oliver. Still hadn't the time to test it, but:

Are you able to put the portion loop in song mode and let it loop while you leave song mode and modulate the channels' parameters? I remember I suggested this to you (loop portion in live mode) a while ago. Could use it on song mode, if I could leave the screen and let it continue the looping.

Any chance of slur getting back? I really used it a lot on my tracks.

Thanks!

Sesska wrote:

or you can't load it on a USB card at all ?

Currently, nanoloop 1.7 only runs on the nanoloop one cart (www.nanoloop.com/one). I may add a demo version that can be loaded on a generic flash / usb cart in the future. This requires some extra work because the nanoloop cart has a different memory bank model.