I ported the tracker to Linux, Mac OSX, and Windows (was 32bits, now also 64bits port for the future, plus now has a full screen mode), fixed a few bugs, enabled exporting (CTRL+E in the pattern page, read the docs smile ), packaged the replay routines with examples, updated the docs.

Enjoy.

https://rv6502.ca/post/2014/07/17/game- … -released/
https://rv6502.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Game_Boy_Tracker

Oh geez is my face red. I miss-clicked the forum "Nintendo CONSOLES" instead of "Nintendo HANDHELDS". can a moderator move it please ?
So very sorry tongue

matt's mind

done wink

South Dakota

Very cool indeed! smile

Oooooh!  Yes please!  Muchas gracias.
I'm quite new to tracker composition so I'll have a rocky start, but it'll be worthwhile.

Joliette, QC, Canada

OMG never thought I would see Paragon5 name again !!! Big thanks to revive this old tracker !!! smile

Ha, I just checked out paragon yesterday, while I was browsing for a PC tracker for the gameboy.
And now there's a new version.

The world is funny sometimes.
Thanks!

If someone could make the rom for this that would be amazing.. yikes

J3wel wrote:

I'm orienting myself on gameboy programming for exactly that purpose..
But it could take some while tho tongue

Timbob wrote:
J3wel wrote:

I'm orienting myself on gameboy programming for exactly that purpose..
But it could take some while tho tongue

Definitely shove it in here if you manage to get anywhere with it!

I'm going to take a look myself as well at making it into a ROM but I know nothingggg

UK

Here's an example of what you need to set in music.def in the multibank directory if you export my example IDM_Killer tune via the tracker to the filename "killer":

include "..\\..\\export\\killer.inc"
include "..\\..\\export\\killer.z80"

SECTION "MusicTable", HOME
MusicTable:
  dw Bank(Inst_killer)
  dw Inst_killer
  dw BANK(Music_killer)
  dw Music_killer

//----------------------------

Once you do this you should be able to just hit the Make.bat file and run the player.gb rom on your Gameboy smile

Recap:
0) Make sure you download the assembler tools from Otaku in the bin directory (link is in the textfile in the bin directory)
1) Remember to change the export directory filename to your exported track
2) Remember to change the inst_XXXX and music_XXXX lines to reflect the export name of your track

Quick quick note; if your tune is presenting a flashing screen after compiling to GB, it's too big to be in a single bank and you should use the multibank replay...

\o_

Will be so cool to hear what you all make in this tracker, it's awesome fun + thanks to Stephane for releasing the full version \o_

Andy

UK

PS - if anyone has any Q's regarding hints n tips on using the tracker / making instruments etc just pop me a message on twitter @_lemon wink
\o_

Last edited by ne7 (Jul 17, 2014 2:56 pm)

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Does this replay routine support the zombie-mode volume change?

Unsubscribe

Is there any way to make the UI bigger? On my mac its a little hard to read...

UK

On PC full screen mode is ALT+ENTER - does that work on mac? smile

Nomad's Land

Thanks, huge thumbs up for this!