philly

wow i've been waiting for this to happen for a long time

Unsubscribe

duplicate...

Last edited by herr_prof (Jul 17, 2014 7:35 pm)

Unsubscribe
ne7 wrote:

On PC full screen mode is ALT+ENTER - does that work on mac? smile

That does work, but i was hoping a split the difference mode that could just double things up. I can just do it in a work space though!

Any idea how to get INSERT key working on osx as well?

UK

Does the HELP key function in the same way m8?

TX

I'm very happy about this.

herr_prof wrote:
ne7 wrote:

On PC full screen mode is ALT+ENTER - does that work on mac? smile

That does work, but i was hoping a split the difference mode that could just double things up. I can just do it in a work space though!

Any idea how to get INSERT key working on osx as well?

I think it would be the HELP key or Fn+ENTER on macbook (not sure, I only have a regular PC keyboard)

You can resize the window by dragging the lower-right corner like the other windows on OSX, there's no /// corner graphic but it'll work.
Below 2x the scaling is locked to 1x and 1.5x, then 2x onward is free scaling because anything else between 1x and 2x looks too blurry.

Cheers

Unsubscribe

cool ill check this out

Delek wrote:

Does this replay routine support the zombie-mode volume change?

Yes, the replay routine lets you do the zombie-mode trick.

it's not recommended to use this trick as different Game Boy hardware revisions behave differently.
It is not reliable.

http://gbdev.gg8.se/wiki/articles/Gameb … e_Behavior

The tracker emulates it (not quite right) but it wasn't documented and its not really a good idea if you want your music to be somewhat consistent on different gameboys.

Also, (some) first-batch CGB have a bug at 2Mhz where the duty ratio is occasionally set to a random value, the hardware ignores what is set and select whatever it feels like for the duty ratio. That was a fun thing to figure out.
So avoid 2Mhz mode if you're not making a demo/game and just want to make a music ROM and want all GB models to be fairly consistent.

If you thought having 3 models of SID chips was annoying... tongue

herr_prof wrote:

cool ill check this out

When you figure it out please tell me what the key is on a real Mac keyboard, I'll add the information to the Wiki.

Mac OS version and machine model would be cool too, I'll add it to the tested list so that if there's ever a type of machine that cause an issue I can figure out why by elimination.

California

Really cool! Can't wait to check out and see what it can do.

I added step-by-step instructions to compile a ROM in the WIKI:
https://rv6502.ca/wiki/index.php?title= … AL_GAMEBOY

Can a moderator grave-dig the thread http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/2750/ … l-gbc-gba/ and post that link in the VERY OLD THREAD?
People are still linking to this old thread and saying {no you cannot use it to make roms} which is not true anymore but people keep linking to that old thread over and over (like, right now on FaceBook) sad

Or if anyone has a better idea...

Alabama

Is there any chance we may see an update of this that supports the new kitsch cart which will utilise the 5th channel? :3

this was  featured in "computer music magazine"  : - )

sandneil wrote:

this was  featured in "computer music magazine"  : - )

What? Where?

Philadelphia, PA

Nice!  This finally happened.  Thank you.  Just wish we had those Project S-11 source files. wink