Baltimore

Michigan

I would say, "hey, maybe he had a kid, maybe his grandma died, maybe he lost an arm" ... however he updates his blog almost daily.

USA

The Forest, WA

Last edited by GLOOMS (Jul 23, 2014 5:06 pm)

The Forest, WA

asking for your order in this thread isn't going to help you get your GenMDM..

Little-Scale is a good guy tongue

try contacting him on facebook

Last edited by GLOOMS (Jul 24, 2014 3:58 pm)

GLOOMS wrote:

maybe you guys should just ask nicely.....

Why do we need to ask at all?

Austin, TX

Another ask on twitter would be nice, but yeah the fact that we have to ask him to send us something we've paid for says a lot about this situation.

The Forest, WA

Last edited by GLOOMS (Jul 24, 2014 4:04 pm)

The Forest, WA

~

Last edited by GLOOMS (Jul 24, 2014 4:12 pm)

The Forest, WA

im just trying to help you get your genmdm.
tongue

Baltimore

~

Last edited by Msefk (Jul 31, 2014 7:26 pm)

USA
GLOOMS wrote:

asking for your order in this thread isn't going to help you get your GenMDM..

Little-Scale is a good guy tongue

He may very well be a good guy, but this is not the first time that I got burned on a preorder by a good guy. If he gave us any news at all, the situation would be more understandable. But the silence suggests that he either completely moved on to something else or has been secretly building and improving these things.. the former seems more likely.

Now I wait for Aly James, and I will throw my money at him because he can deliver on a promise.

GLOOMS wrote:

try contacting him on facebook

I took your advice and decided to reach out on facebook, but he probably won't see the message because of facebook's spam protection policies, and I do not have a twitter account. Seems appropriate to respond to the thread that he himself started.

Last edited by adeafbat (Jul 25, 2014 4:10 pm)

Baltimore

~

Last edited by Msefk (Jul 31, 2014 7:26 pm)

Emailed him two days ago.  Nothing yet from him.

Phoenix, Az, USA
Aly James wrote:

While I totally understand the situation here; I don't think that bashing at me with a "fucking plugin" flag will help in any way smile
I perfectly understands the hardware nerds point of view even if it doesn't make much sense in case of FM synthesis or PSG because it is a full digital process in the first place, whether it is happening in a custom chip + Z80, 68K processor or inside a PC.
The limitations, which are an important part of the creative process, are known and you can perfectly stick to that if you want to...
I have spend a lot of time on this an so far many users around the world are happy with it included well known original FM systems composers.
My intervention in this thread were mainly focused on using the plugins as visual controllers for the GenMDM, which is cool, however the support is kind of freezed by the actual situation for a long time as many things have to be corrected on the hardware Firmware side.

Seb is a wonderful person and if you follow his work he is constantly creating new things and seems to find motivation out of new territories.. that is why after almost 2 years without any public news about GenMDM I think he has moved on since the initial development and do not feel quiet like willing to work too much on this anymore... As a result, updates will b very sporadic. At least that is how I feel about this.
I can be wrong on the reasons but the "no infos about the sate of orders" politics is out of my understanding.

The thing which is uncool is that it reflect a bad aura on the ChipMusic.org Sega Forum... There is a lots of positive things going on in this territory, You already have Trackers like Deflemask or VGMM, plugins like FMDrive & SPSG, MML compilers etc... which all can outputs VGM for real hardware playing if needed but more importantly lets you create MUSIC which is I think the aim of all this.
I have provided ROMS to play with, converters for many chips, pushed the limits on the PSG techniques etc...to feel kind of disappointed by the "fucking plugin" stuff. Even if people are exasperated from this undelivered situation.

I suggest for all the undelivered persons to make a thread especially for that and point Little Scale to it as a clear reference, leaving the original thread about the concept free of that bad aura.

On a last note I now feel like spoiling about something, as GenMDM is a wonderful concept, it is not open source so I cannot tweak anything myself nor anybody else and needs an actual console to work...
So I am working with somebody on an open hardware dual YM2612/YM3438 module 100% compatible with FMDrive, so far the module is already made and working... We will work on the software side for some time until it will be OK, then choose a way to spread that things around. So the open hardware concept will basically provide any platform a way to control the FM chips.
I won't talk about this anymore now, don't ask questions, but keep in minds it will come...
I hope this situation will be solved at some point so as people can make positive Genesis things again.

Bro, it wasn't a bash. I love your sound (I support a lot of your demos on Soundcloud). What I'm saying is that I want the hardware for the reason that A) I bought it and B) the creative aspect of using something different. It's annoying to hear people tell me, but use this instead. Anyway, another problem with your plugin is that it seems be only for Windows. I am on a Mac computer and I use Reason. Maybe you can port your plug in to be a Reason extension. smile

Glasgow

Update: There's a problem with the PCBs he had to order more.
I can also vouch for Aly James' VST plugin. It's kept me going while waiting for my GenMDM

Last edited by Arricat (Aug 9, 2014 1:52 am)