Does this new version have the antispike fix for the wave channel? Or is it even needed? Gonna get nanoloop cartridge soon, haven't had much experience with the dmg version.

No, 1.7.0 has the spikes. I'll upload 1.7.1 later today.

1.7.1 update ROM

1.7.1 update ROM with nlmidi tool and update.bat for windows

Sick, should be ordering my cart this week. The ios version is awesome btw

Turku, FIN
oliver wrote:

The TWO carts will take a couple of weeks.

It's been multiple weeks from this, any more news?

I met problem that connecting nanoloop one card (1.6.3) and mac ( OS X Yosemite 10.10.1),

I followed the steps from nanoloop website,
the gameboy is on, and pressed SELECT button,
and use the USB-MIDI adaptor to connect mac

and after I drag the file  nlmidi02 into terminal , it shows that  "No input ports available!"
and I drag the file nl171.gb into terminal, it shows "cannot execute binary file"

would anyone help me to solve this problem, thank you very much !

nlmidi is a command line tool that requires parameters on startup. start it by typing

./nlmidi02 -send nl171.gb

and hit enter once. then it should say "game boy ROM loaded". do not press enter again yet.
then you start the game boy and on the boot screen (the rhomb), you press SELECT, keep it pressed and press START. after a second, a little "n" should appear.
now you can start the transfer with enter. when the transfer is complete ("64k of 64k sent... done"), it should boot into nanoloop 1.7.1.

it is important to perform all steps in this exact order.

Oregon

I've never had a problem updating nanoloop until 1.7.6. When I send the nl176.gb file using nlmidi everything works as it should, the n below the rhomb disappears, and I can press start. 1.7.6 boots up and appears to function correctly. However, after I power the game boy off and then on again, Nanoloop will only boot into 1.6.3. What could be the issue? I can update it to 1.7.5 with no issues.

If it boots into 1.7.6, the update has been installed successfully. If it starts with 1.6.3 again, it could be that

- you held SELECT during startup, which forces the cart to boot the original version,
- you held SELECT+START which erases the update
- there was a crash in which the first bytes of the update were overwritten

Or maybe I have uploaded the wrong ROM file, I'll have a look later.

Oregon
oliver wrote:

- you held SELECT during startup, which forces the cart to boot the original version,
- you held SELECT+START which erases the update
- there was a crash in which the first bytes of the update were overwritten

I'm not holding SELECT during boot, or pressing SELECT+START, so I'm thinking the third option sounds most likely. To update I'm following the procedure described on the nanolooop update page exactly, which works without any problems for 1.7.5.

I've tried updating to 1.7.6 using the Chrome interface, nlmidi on mac, and nlmidi on PC. I've also used 2 different cords. That should rule a few variables out smile Each time the update appears to be installed successfully, the Game Boy boots into 1.7.6 after pressing start, and the program functions normally. After turning the system off and then on again a few minutes later the rhomb appears as normal, but when I press start it boots into 1.6.3. Hopefully that should give you something to work with. Thanks for the help!

I'm having the same problem, of 1.6.3 to 1.7.6, two different cables Chrome interface and nlmidi on PC.  Updated fine to 1.7.6 while the power is on, and then as soon as power off  and on againit's back to 1.6.3.  Thanks for the help too!

I'm sorry, it was the wrong ROM. I have updated the files. Please try again.

Oregon

Excellent, I'll update this evening! What has changed since 1.7.5?

Edit: Just updated to 1.7.6, everything is now working well!

Last edited by Hawk (Jan 5, 2016 8:12 am)