HivelyTracker has just been updated to v1.8.

Builds for Windows and AmigaOS4 are available now. Hopefully OS X and Haiku builds will follow soon.

Head to the download page for downloads.

NC in the US of America

OOOOOh booy!! I'm happy to hear anything new about HT.

Maybe this will fix the problem I had with pitch bends in transposed patterns that I forgot to report =S

Oh, cool, the replayer and converter have also been updated.

Nomad's Land

Glad to hear that development is still ongoing. Thanks for the hard work smile

Philadelphia, PA

What a beautiful and elegant interface!   I really like the concept of your instrument editor!  The only other time before now that I knew anything about HivelyTracker was downloading the Wii demo for the Hively player.  Now that I've tried it on Windows it has given me a broader idea.  Once I finally get my sound engine ideas concrete, I may steal many of your ideas!!!~

If only HivelyTracker's interface was ported to work with the C64 SIDs; at least for modern computers.  I like GoatTracker and its LUT style instrument editing interface, but it is very intimidating for other people.  DefleMask works, but it is not a refined or clean tracker.  Obviously, I do not expect anything of my daydream, but take it as a reverence to your skill and beauty with your art and code. smile

I can't take much credit for the interface; HivelyTracker is basically an updated and extended version of the old Amiga AHX tracker, but I'm glad you're enjoying it smile

NC in the US of America

I really like the concept of your instrument editor!

Yeah, man. This is what hooked me. Well, that, and the example tunes that come with it.

The instrument editor is so user friendly, and even tells you what does what so you don't have to memorize all the commands. Are there any other trackers besides HivelyTracker, LSDJ and LGPT that incorporate "tables" into the instrument creation process?

Last edited by SketchMan3 (May 8, 2013 6:50 pm)

babylon

pulsar is another lsdj clone but for nes

NC in the US of America
walter b. gentle wrote:

pulsar is another lsdj clone but for nes

Just wanted to point out that HivelyTracker is not an LSDJ clone, just in case anybody was confused.

I think I might try working on a skin for this, or at least modifying an existing skin.

Bratislava, Slovakia

Some months ago i downloaded Hively Tracker (Windows version) because in my Amiga times i was very familiar with THX Sound System (now AHX), and last weekend i ported one of my Sid Duzz It (real C64) tunes to it, but i am very unsatisfied with its "raw" sound. In preferences i selected mono separation (because original SID chip is not stereo like AY-3-8912/10), but it is not working and i cant find, where i can select panning for channels. But this sound, very thin basses, bad filters, pulse width modulation is cheesy etc. Interface is very good, but sound not. When i ported my testtune to other trackers like Goat tracker, or even Sid Duzz It emulation on VICE 64, it really sounds good, so maybe it is time to use that playroutine. Cheers.

Last edited by martin_demsky (Jul 8, 2014 7:17 am)

Sweden
SketchMan3 wrote:

I really like the concept of your instrument editor!

Yeah, man. This is what hooked me. Well, that, and the example tunes that come with it.

The instrument editor is so user friendly, and even tells you what does what so you don't have to memorize all the commands. Are there any other trackers besides HivelyTracker, LSDJ and LGPT that incorporate "tables" into the instrument creation process?

Adlib Tracker II, AHX, maybe MusicLine? Not to mention pretty much all C64 trackers.

Last edited by boomlinde (Jul 8, 2014 6:30 pm)

Joliette, QC, Canada

Oh Siccck !!! Keep up the good work Xeron !!! big_smile

New Jersey

Linux port?

Nomad's Land

If you have gtk3 installed, you should in theory be able to build it from source. Haven't tried it though.

Edit: Just tried to build it with gtk2, it works fine! All you need to do is change the flags in line 18 and 19 of sdl/makefile.linux accordingly.

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Aug 27, 2014 9:46 am)

New Jersey
irrlichtproject wrote:

If you have gtk3 installed, you should in theory be able to build it from source. Haven't tried it though.

Edit: Just tried to build it with gtk2, it works fine! All you need to do is change the flags in line 18 and 19 of sdl/makefile.linux accordingly.

I'll try that, then