Arad, Romania

What is the craziest thing you've done as a musician? Stuff like writing an insanely long song or album or using unusual things as instruments and stuff like that or anything else you can think of that relates to your writing process.

For me it used to be the fact that I have an album planned that is 100 tracks long (106 including bonus content) which is supposed to be at least 7 hours long because I don't like writing songs shorter than 4 minutes. It wasn't something I had planned. It just so happened that I wrote this many songs in that period of time which is the theme of the album (my life from late 2K10 to 2K12). I have other albums that are pretty long as well—in fact my regular albums range from 20 to 40 songs.

That used to be my longest planned album because now I'm in the process of writing 500 concept tracks (+20 bonus tracks) for this year's album. The number is symbolic for several reasons and I've upped the challenge of the first long album which is kind of fun (even though it will take me at least two years to finish this album alone).

not given up yet?

in a past life i wrote an album in 12 minutes from start to finish

good luck with your 500 songs that sounds great & i love a dreamer

PA

In no particular order: a 30-minute jazz combo cover of Herbie Hancock's "Chameleon," writing a 14:00 piece for chamber ensemble and Game Boy, and the chip album I am currently writing.

Baja California

So far, writing music with gameboys/videogame consoles

Joliette, QC, Canada

Be able to pull sick breaks by hands on my MPC...beside that...Last year RPM Challenge ?!

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

WeeklyTreats without getting hooked on speed

IL, US

i dont know.. the whole 13 years of e.s.c. stuff was mostly pretty crazy.. you tell me?
https://e-s-c.bandcamp.com/

Whateverville, California

I made an electronic/ambient/dark & spooky album by recording found sounds and electronic interference/static. That doesn't sound that cool or crazy, but the cool part is that I did it all in the reportedly haunted basement of a 100 year old house that I was living in. I recorded a little bit of guitar and some almost-static programing from a radio I found down there too, so it's not strictly found sounds. I should go dig that album up and put it on bandcamp...

the Netherlands

Running a gameboy through some guitar pedals like metal distortion and delay. Sound was pretty wicked

Seattle, WA

Some of my new lsdj stuff is crashing the gameboy everytime it gets to the buildup so that's complex I guess.

Playboy Man-Baby
Dire Hit wrote:

Some of my new lsdj stuff is crashing the gameboy everytime it gets to the buildup so that's complex I guess.

It's the processor. If you write songs with slower BPMs than intended but lower the groove, it improves it.

France (au milieu)

I've once made a cool punky electro track sampling the entire final speach of chaplin's dictator^^

Memphis, TN
Sesska wrote:

I've once made a cool punky electro track sampling the entire final speach of chaplin's dictator^^

Well, putting that project on hold.

hardcore, Australia

deleted

Last edited by godinpants (May 14, 2020 10:38 pm)

France (au milieu)

Well, putting that project on hold.

no!!

mine is based on the french version and a few antiracist quotes of a french band (called ''no one is innocent'')... could be fun to compare both ''view'' of it (Have to find where it's gone, though)

Seattle, WA
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:
Dire Hit wrote:

It's the processor. If you write songs with slower BPMs than intended but lower the groove, it improves it.

I can't do that, I'm using d commands for triplets.