France (au milieu)

hey!

why do I not have D command on my lsdj version ???

Gosford, Australia

are you trying to put it in a phrase or a table?

France (au milieu)

well both... it just goes from C to E (don't have my grey box here at work, but I think I remember well)

Seattle, WA
Sesska wrote:

well both... it just goes from C to E (don't have my grey box here at work, but I think I remember well)

That's pretty strange. What version are you using?

France (au milieu)

I thought it was the latest: LSDJ4_7_3 stable

downloaded february this year oO

i've noticed it from beginning, but actually thought it had been removed on newest versions for some reason...

well I do survive without it... but it's pretty strange, as you said

Arad, Romania
sandneil wrote:

not given up yet?

in a past life i wrote an album in 12 minutes from start to finish

good luck with your 500 songs that sounds great & i love a dreamer

It's far from impossible. It's just going to take a long time to finish. I have tons of inspiration at the moment (life events and an amazing muse) so it is unlikely that I will quit.

Imaginary wrote:

I made an electronic/ambient/dark & spooky album by recording found sounds and electronic interference/static. That doesn't sound that cool or crazy, but the cool part is that I did it all in the reportedly haunted basement of a 100 year old house that I was living in. I recorded a little bit of guitar and some almost-static programing from a radio I found down there too, so it's not strictly found sounds. I should go dig that album up and put it on bandcamp...

Sounds interesting. I'd like to get into something like that in the future. I find certain sounds like that to be quite...musical. My refrigerator makes an interesting droney sound that I could incorporate in a song lol.

FUCK YOU

wow this stuf is sooooo crazy really wild

STARDRAIN, CA

love this shit. idk about craziest thing i've ever done. idk i jsut do what i want and it happens. the list of things i've made is kinda crazy as is, but it wasn't intended to be that way, u kno?

STARDRAIN, CA

love this shit. idk about craziest thing i've ever done. idk i jsut do what i want and it happens. the list of things i've made is kinda crazy as is, but it wasn't intended to be that way, u kno?

Playboy Man-Baby

My (chip punk) band played with Zammuto (the band that formed after The Books broke up) and we were gonna play with them a second time until the dude himself threw a hissy fit at us about not letting them use all of the space in the venue for the whole night. So I got into a fight with Nick Zammuto from The Books I guess. That's one.

Uhh...I played on college radio a few times.

I contributed a song to the Angry Video Game Nerd's show and the release of his recent film.

I played at a Halloween party that exceeded maximum occupancy on such an insane level that if there had been a fire, maybe 2 people would have made it out the door.

I successfully integrated chipthrash into my local underground music scene and managed to gradually dissociate it from the mario-at-a-rave context.

(These are sounding more like douchey bragging points, sorry.)

Played like a 15 minute set with my band at PAX East, dropped everything and ran out the door to catch the last train home from Boston, missed it, and had to stay up wandering around South Station and outside in Boston all night until 11 AM the next day.

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Sep 5, 2014 4:54 am)

Melbourne, Australia

Haven't done anything *massively* crazy yet. I played squaresounds festival covered in bright blue electroluminescent wire once. That was fun.

Most awkward thing was before that show, I was sitting at a cafe with a good handful of the performers for that night. I kind of knew everyone except for this one guy who was reclining back in his chair, shades on, tapping away at his phone. Very fashionable. I was a bit nervous as I didn't know anyone super-well yet and so for whatever reason I decided to pour a glass of water for everyone at the table while we waited for our burgers and beer to arrive. I go around grabbing everyone's glasses, one by one, and then I got to the cool guy with the shades, so I said something like "err....hey man, I don't think I know you yet, i'm Josh." He looks up, just quickly says "hey, i'm ash" and carries on. I lean back. A few seconds pass. Then godinpants/peaches the wale leans over and half whispers ".......that's sabrepulse".

Damn.

Boise, ID

Last edited by ShintarouMusic (Sep 8, 2014 5:37 pm)

Gosford, Australia
Calavera wrote:

Haven't done anything *massively* crazy yet. I played squaresounds festival covered in bright blue electroluminescent wire once. That was fun.

that shit was awesome.

i once nearly stole some expensive drink out of a jug that trash80 and ctrix were sharing cause it was clear and sitting on the bar next to the jug of water and i thought it was water. lolz were had.

i think i did the first tb-303 and gameboy crossover? correct me if i'm wrong (how many people actually have 303s tho :v)

but the craziest thing for me is just thinking about the friends i've made and seen develop through this music and its enthusiasts. how all these chip guys from around the country and the world have been able to meet my brother and my girlfriend and all these other friends of mine. how i got to have a conversation with bryface that basically stopped me from quitting university. feels surreal to me sometimes!

Melbourne, Australia
Victory Road wrote:

that shit was awesome.

i once nearly stole some expensive drink out of a jug that trash80 and ctrix were sharing cause it was clear and sitting on the bar next to the jug of water and i thought it was water. lolz were had.

how i got to have a conversation with bryface that basically stopped me from quitting university. feels surreal to me sometimes!

Cheers!

Did they notice?

Also tell us more about that bryface conversation! Sounds interesting.

Last edited by Calavera (Sep 6, 2014 12:29 am)

Gosford, Australia

yes. i saw them looking at me real weird and i was like "oh that's not water is it?" and they were like "nope" and then i poured it back and we all laughed. (except on the inside i was like omg kill me plssss)

the conversation wasn't that interesting, i was worried about how hard it could be to occupationalise my degree and bummed that i don't have a lot of time to make a lot of music. it was just a lot of stuff i needed to hear from someone older and wiser than myself and it was really cool that it was this guy i basically just met then. singing ay yo, how good is chiptune

Chips & Dip :3

Just last sunday I finished 5 songs. 4 of which were started on the day.