Michigan
Arricat wrote:

Update: There's a problem with the PCBs he had to order more.
I can also vouch for Aly James' VST plugin. It's kept me going while waiting for my GenMDM

Who? Aly James or Little-Scale?

I emailed little-scale a month or so ago and still haven't heard back about my GenMDM order. Has anyone gotten a hold of him recently or heard anything about any updates?

Warwickshire, UK

Not heard anything, no.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

About the same timeline. "No news is good news", right (?!?)

Coming up to two years now since I placed my order. Apparently this is exactly what happened with the MIDINES, and I've got one of those lovely bastards sitting happily in my NES right now. I got someone to "tweet" him a few months ago and he "tweeted" back saying he would get them out in a few weeks, which I'm guessing didn't happen..

Warwickshire, UK

This is certainly the longest I've ever waited for something I've paid for......

The most annoying bit is that he seems to find a lot of time to make music and work on other projects instead of focusing on fulfilling the paid orders that have been placed. I want my GenMDM.

Warwickshire, UK

'tis a good point.

Would it be unfair to release the genmdm rom?
I tried it on a MD everdrive and it works...

"Unfair" ... I don't know...
It could be a wake up call for Little-scale.
It could also make him give up entirely.
(hopefully he hasn't already)

So - no, don't do it.

Last edited by _-_- (Oct 2, 2014 3:18 pm)

allright. But just to precise some things, I have been lucky enough to get a legit genmdm.
Unfortunately our teensy fried after some time. It is the part plugged to the joypad port. So we ordered a teensy, burnt the firmware to it, and it worked.
After that, we thought that we could make a 'backup copy' of the code contained in the cartridge, so we bought a retrode and dumped it.
The rom *seems* to function in an emulator. It boots, but we couldn't get far with normal joypad presses.
But we tested the rom with a mega everdrive on real hardware, and it is working.
So we now have a backup copy of both parts of the genmdm ;-)

Judging by this thread... I assume there's no way to get a GenMDM short of auction sites anymore?

This... this saddens me.

deviousgeek wrote:

Judging by this thread... I assume there's no way to get a GenMDM short of auction sites anymore?
This... this saddens me.

It would be great is little scale could release the source code of both parts, or give it to another maintainer...

Michigan

I think the last thing we want to do is reduce  chances of seeing them, slim as they may seem, to a definite zero. Imagine if he is only days away from sending packages but sees the community shoving him under the bus. How would you react?

Glasgow

From facebook:
little-scale Just letting you know that the PCBs have arrived yesterday - should have your unit out by end of tomorrow. I will PM you a tracking number etc.
19 August at 05:12 ·

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
Arricat wrote:

From facebook:
little-scale Just letting you know that the PCBs have arrived yesterday - should have your unit out by end of tomorrow. I will PM you a tracking number etc.
19 August at 05:12 ·

Yea I got the same answer also in Aug, but never a follow up. The real bummer is I Want to have faith in him, he seems like a cool guy. But... still waiting.
  I don't feel like it's the 'MidiNES' situation; that guy gladly accepted payments with little or no thought to sending the carts. And he appears to still be selling on Ebay under a different user name. Hell, he may still be on this board. Lesson learned.
  As much as I would like to have a dump of the firmware, as mentioned, I say still respect his copyrights. I mean I already paid for the product, so seems like I should have some rights to a digital backup; BUT once the rom is passed around on the net there is no control as to who had paid or not, only Littlescale can/should do that.
Just my 2 cents,
Yogi