the heart of a mountain

Hey all... been some years since I bobbed in here... getting back into chip as I been beta testing THIS AMAZING NEW ROM (scuse the shouting I excited) just released... Chord.. by humble... check it out here

http://www.humbletune.com/chord/

Michigan

sweet. Gonna have a look now.

Illinois

This is awesome! Great idea!

Last edited by syobonaction (Oct 6, 2014 7:05 pm)

bed

Can confirm this is *a lot* of fun!! Been looking for something like this for a while. Tried a few other things, but this is another level! Not necessarily a tool, more of a toy in my opinion, but I'm sure somebody is bound to prove me wrong and use it in a track smile

Should be even better without the annoying whining noise being caused by the low batteries on my gb. Why are there never any batteries in the cupboard when you need them ._.

Michigan

Seems like you could get away with no interface, if you knew what you were doing blindly. That would reduce power consumption and a little bit of the whine.

the heart of a mountain

Its fun with a loop pedal wink... also shoulda said I've tested this and it works on ems64 and also under goomba on an efalinkerII plus a few emulators.

SLC, UT

This looks really cool, can't wait to try it out. A physical release would be awesome as well.

I'm struggling to work out how the save function works? I'm not sure which buttons i need to be pressing to save a setting.. other than that I'm loving this rom so far!

Michigan
J3wel wrote:

I'm struggling to work out how the save function works? I'm not sure which buttons i need to be pressing to save a setting.. other than that I'm loving this rom so far!

rom only.

Jazzmarazz wrote:
J3wel wrote:

rom only.

what do you mean?
I've flashed the rom onto my ems cartridge and it all works fine, but when I turn it off and on again I lose any settings I created. Do i need to flash over a blank .sav file as well?

Earth

Someone wanna make a youtube demo?

Edit - Nm I found the vine clips

Last edited by breakphase (Oct 6, 2014 9:22 pm)

Michigan
J3wel wrote:
Jazzmarazz wrote:

rom only.

what do you mean?
I've flashed the rom onto my ems cartridge and it all works fine, but when I turn it off and on again I lose any settings I created. Do i need to flash over a blank .sav file as well?

Game Boy/(Super GB)/GB Pocket/Color GB/(GB Advance)
CHORD
Rocket Games/Ajinomoto
Japan
32768 Bytes (0.2500 Mb)

Padded: Maybe, 8105 Bytes (0.0618 Mb)
Interleaved/Swapped: No
Backup unit/emulator header: No
Internal size: 0.2500 Mb
ROM type: ROM only
Save RAM: No

Version: 1.1
Game Boy type: Standard (4 colors)
Start address: 0x0150
Logo data: Ok
Checksum: Ok, 0x7ac5 (calculated) == 0x7ac5 (internal)
Header checksum: Ok, 0x76 (calculated) == 0x76 (internal)
Checksum (CRC32): 0xdbf32afd

It literally cannot save anything.

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Oct 6, 2014 9:27 pm)

thanks for explaining smile

Unsubscribe

its rad! Hope you add full voicing at some point could be a rad little mono synth.

the heart of a mountain

Saves are working absolutely fine for me on ems 64.. not sure whats happening here.  Mr Humble is looking into it.

Sweden/UK

Hey developer here. First, thank you very much for the positive response. smile

@J3wel About the save issues I am not sure. Good point on that it is confusing if a save occurs. I think I need to add a visual queue or something. Pressing A on the floppy disk looking icon should save into the selected save slot. I am not sure what .sav files are, chord saves straight into the ram of your cart. Depending on the cart I think some use a battery to save. I have the same ems 64 cart as @concretedog and I believe it works without a battery. Then pressing A on the folder looking icon should load the selected slot.

The emulators I have tried though none seem to save like this, but you can rather save the current state.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if there is still not working.

Thanks

ERik