Updated: 11/25/16

https://github.com/LeviathaninWaves/Cha … ee/master/

Chaos Tracker is the successor to YMDj and Prodigy. With a fresh slate, tons of experience and a better vision for the project, I'm rebooting everything. This tracker aims to be the final authority for retro Sega console tracking on hardware.

- Development underway. More info coming soon.

SPECIAL THANKS:

-Note: if you feel your name is missing from this list let me know-
-Side note: if you would rather your real name or screen name be listed instead, please let me know-
-Another side note: these are the people that have helped in some way with this project (info, donations, life lessons)
-Final side note: This list is to be added to the tracker itself when the Options Menu is implemented-

My fiancee' Deseree
Scyhler
Stef
Jazzmarazz aka Jordan A. Joslin
Delek
Matthew Janik
Michael Snarzyk
Eudald Salarich
monkeymook
Professor Chuck Kelly
Peter Swimm
the mist toggles
David DeGraw
TmEE aka Tiido
powerofrecall
Chilly Willy
KanaedaFr
neologix
r57shell
Nemesis
Mask of Destiny
Lazerbeat
an0va
L-tron
Michael "Bibin" Moffit
Qjimbo
Shirobon
Originoo Draggon Esopus
Michael Vallejo
Bart de Jong
Andrew Reitano
mz3364
freezedream
staRpauSe
defiantsystems
sho6un

General Thanks:
gendev.spritesmind.org
Chipmusic.org

BETA TEAM:
starpause
L-Tron
Lazerbeat
animalstyle
Jansaw
the mist toggles
defiantsystems

Old Prodigy Rom for historic purposes http://www.mediafire.com/download/9eq9t … y_v023.zip

Last edited by CountSymphoniC (Nov 25, 2016 7:33 pm)

Michigan

Yes v007 works wonderfully on real hardware. All five of those working channels sound incredible too!

Québec

Nice, I've been waiting for this.

Jazzmarazz, what are you using to test it on hardware?
I'll eventually need a cart for it myself.

Melbourne, Australia

Awesome work! Can't wait to watch this mature!

Whateverville, California

If there are any plans for a run of carts, put me on the short list. This looks like exactly the kind of thing I'd be all over. Love those fourth gen consoles...

Dallas, Texas

This would be killer on a Nomad. Great work so far! Can't wait for this to continue.

Michigan
Nick Walrus wrote:

Nice, I've been waiting for this.

Jazzmarazz, what are you using to test it on hardware?
I'll eventually need a cart for it myself.

A simple eeprom cart I designed in CadSoft Eagle. For every new version I have tested for him, I just erased the eeproms and rewrote them.

TylerBarnes wrote:

This would be killer on a Nomad. Great work so far! Can't wait for this to continue.

Thats what I have been thinking. Time to buy a Nomad!

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Oct 8, 2014 11:15 pm)

SLC, UT

This looks amazing, really excited for this!

Melbourne, Australia

Woah, I'm so keen for the full version of this!!! big_smile FM for dayzzzzz

Unsubscribe

Can you not play songs yet?

Oh my goodness! You are amazing, dude! I remember reading pages in the initial thread and SO glad you decided to go with the LSDJ style interface, even though you were mentioning it early on. I am so excited to start making music on Nomad.

How far along until you think it will be stable enough to produce carts, and are you planning to do so? If so, I'm down for a copy. P.s. sorry so many questions, just haven't been this pumped in a while. <#

Michigan
herr_prof wrote:

Can you not play songs yet?

No, not at this time. He has been working night and day to bring up the main interface for which you can design a song, but it is still very early on in development.

L-tron wrote:

How far along until you think it will be stable enough to produce carts, and are you planning to do so?

That is the idea, but still a ways away. As mentioned above, I have been running it on genny with my own cart, but it does not yet support SRAM. Maybe it is too early to say, but there will be a cart and one way or the other, we can all back up our saves to PC and update the ROM via USB.

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Oct 9, 2014 1:17 am)

Hey guys thanks for all the kind responses.

Also, I had a talk with Delek about having inter-compatibility between Deflemask and YMDJ, and he's agreed to it. So, at a later stage you'll be able to write Genesis music on Deflemask, and transfer all of your songs and FM patches over to YMDJ on a Nomad, and write on the go. Of course if you want to take a break from the handheld/Genesis environment you'll also be able to transfer your songs and instruments over to Deflemask as well! I, for one am definitely looking forward to adding support for this.

Many many plans are in place for YMDJ. It'll take time of course, but I'll make it worth the wait.

Last edited by CountSymphoniC (Oct 9, 2014 1:16 am)

Milwaukee, WI

Light blue on red? yikes

TSC wrote:

Light blue on red? yikes

Color Scheme editing coming soon.

babylon

i wanna have your babies