Michigan
PULSELOOPER wrote:
Jazzmarazz wrote:

The Count wants to place emphasis on the fact that LSDj is nothing more than a basis or guideline as to better cater to the chip-tracker audiences. Once further development has been completed, the hardware limits will be tested and the plan is to greatly exceed the expectations that LSDj users may have. I like to joke that it will be exceeded 256 times over. Maybe you binary junkies will understand that. wink

I understand your point on using LSDJ as a basis and all, but really... No need to keep comparing one to another. See the example of LGPT. "Apples and oranges" blah blah blah.

Glad you're on the same page. I just felt the need to make that point perfectly clear since there was still some ambiguity or floating around the dev forum.

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Oct 25, 2014 2:34 am)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I think it's well understood that the LSDJ UI was very, very clever; that it simply represents one of the most powerful input methods for a handheld gaming device and that software on other platforms like LGPT and YMDj are otherwise going to be very much their own applications.

I wish more Android devices came with hardware keyboards and/or emulator devs cared more about audio performance.  My phone is so close to being the ultimate chip composer.  Will be trying this out soon.

Is this too tacky?  I think probably.  Rigging a phone clip to something like this shouldn't be too difficult though.

http://www.chinabootik.com/tablets/396-cvpt-a163.html

Last edited by Beware (Oct 25, 2014 6:05 am)

lolusa

keyboard looks hot yo

PSG Synth editor and PSG software ADSR envelopes implemented. PSG playback is in the works now.

Last edited by CountSymphoniC (Oct 26, 2014 8:30 pm)

Liverpool, UK

I've got a PAL Mega Drive + Flash Cart when you need some PAL testing done, hit me up! Nice work so far!

Whew! FM channels 1-6 and PSG channels 1-4 all playback now.

Now with all 10 channels capable of being composed and played back, as well as support for software ADSR envelopes for the PSG channels added, it's now time to focus on Tracker Commands.

@calmdownkidder: Thanks I'll keep that in mind, someone's supposed to be sending me a Genesis with an NTSC/PAL mod.

Last edited by CountSymphoniC (Oct 27, 2014 12:53 am)

Thank you for the effort on this!
Excited to try it out.

killadelphia

seems like the demo is garbled on Nomad w/ a  mega everdrive.

http://instagram.com/p/uqhXUYhvQU/

animalstyle wrote:

seems like the demo is garbled on Nomad w/ a  mega everdrive.

http://instagram.com/p/uqhXUYhvQU/

Oh wow that looks horrible. I have fixed many many glitches and bugs since that demo, there's a good chance that this bug may be fixed too.

Unsubscribe

i was able to run the demo on picodrive on a gp2x and caanoo.

herr_prof wrote:

i was able to run the demo on picodrive on a gp2x and caanoo.

It's nice to know that it works on another emulator. Quite a few emulators should be able to handle it just fine. The real hardware though is very picky and I still don't have a Genesis/Nomad of my own to test it on. So I'm doing some blind development with only 3rd party testing reports to go by. Thanks for testing on Picodrive.

Last edited by CountSymphoniC (Oct 27, 2014 6:10 pm)

Unsubscribe

you should post a paypal donate link or something similar, i dont have a lot to spare but id be glad to kick down a few bucks for the nomad/genesis fund.

NorthTtrrrway

i have had variable results with the nomad everdrive setup.
so, some times as shown above, but others much better...

could we have a more recent version to test on what ever device-cart combinations we can get and report back to you so that you can make a list and be aware of them?
or is it too early?

edit: +1 to what her_prof suggested about donations

Last edited by the mist toggles (Oct 27, 2014 6:13 pm)

killadelphia

i would surely donate to the fund.

I will post a donate link as soon as I can.

Yes it's still a bit early to be posting the latest version. I do have someone that is able to test on real hardware, it's just a matter of waiting until he's taken the time to test it out. But I will need to get my own hardware as I need to do more extensive testing on everything. If I run into issues or glitches, I'm more likely to know what caused them as opposed to getting 3rd party reports. So that's the important part.

Last edited by CountSymphoniC (Oct 27, 2014 10:17 pm)