France (au milieu)

Edit: Haha, this topic is a bit derailed, huh?

yes it is smile

but anyway sharing your experience is really cool and useful to me, thanks a lot!

I don't really see though how to use the above table, it's a wave kick right ?
and this layout make it ''fade'' into bass in order to make ''as if'' bass was running longer ?

now you do realise how thick I am with trackers subtelties ^^

got some spare/quiet time at lunch today, will try all your Jedi tricks on the proper gear and see where it brings the whole thing

Mannheim, Germany

for the sake of being complete, there is still the E-command to make noise-snares sound more convincing; it changes the volume, so you can make a nice envelope. makes one hell of a difference.

NC in the US of America

Oh yeah, using volume envelope stuff is a big deal, haha. Can make a kind of reverby snare by having a Loud attack with a quick decay that then fades into a very soft attack with a slow decay.
CMD
EA4
E46

Or something. That probably sounds like crap but you get the idea. Shrugs.

Yes, Sesska, it's a wave kick that fades into a bass (when it hits the P00 command) Play around with throwing higher TSP values all down the kick portion of it (before the P00) and see how that affects the sound. Can make all manner of wave toms and snares (when layered with noise) and stuff like that that fade into bass without it being too noticeable that your bass has disappeared for a moment.

Haha. It's a bit derailed but I /am/ at least trying to help you with your goal of having bass and convincing snare running at essentially the same time tongue

Mannheim, Germany
SketchMan3 wrote:

Oh yeah, using volume envelope stuff is a big deal, haha. Can make a kind of reverby snare by having a Loud attack with a quick decay that then fades into a very soft attack with a slow decay.
CMD
EA4
E46

yeah! actually though, what i usually do is more along the lines of getting a quick decay that becomes slower; basically, the decay becomes a curve instead of a straight line.

like this (disclaimer: not an actual table i used):

CMD
EA0
E90
E60
E50
E40
E20
K00

combine with low-soundsing noise, maybe C4 shape with a C5 note, and you get a pretty snappy snare sound.

Last edited by Orange Creamsicle (Oct 28, 2014 5:38 pm)

NC in the US of America

Cool. I haven't tried using a string of Ex0 commands yet, hehe.

France (au milieu)

Haha. It's a bit derailed but I /am/ at least trying to help you with your goal of having bass and convincing snare running at essentially the same time tongue

smile you'll go to paradise for this!!