Bronx, NY
akira^8GB wrote:
DaPantz wrote:

most people think that they're self-congratulatory, sometimes sarcastic assholes? In other words, they're like 90% of the chip music community

I don't know what you see as "chip community", but it seems like a very, very small subset of the actual global, real life scene, to make that statement.

In response to you and PlainFlavored, I should have clarified: I meant the Message Board/IRC community, mostly. I mean, half the people I see in these kinds of threads are definitely living in glass houses. Also to be clear: I don't think PlainFlavored is a glass-house dweller.

And yeah, the "real life" scene has been completely different for me. Everyone has been exceedingly friendly, supportive, and helpful. And that's only what I've seen on the East Coast of the US, it doesn't include the incredibly large global community that I've never experienced.

I should have made that clear, but I'm not going to include that disclaimer in every single post ever made on this forum, even though it's applicable in almost every single post ever made on this forum.

New York City

That's not the chip community, that's the online fuck-aphernalia sad
From your message I also assume I am a glass house dweller

xD

São Paulo, Brazil
herr_prof wrote:

I think people have a grudge against tight pants.

not this one:

Seattle, WA
PlainFlavored wrote:
DaPantz wrote:

Ah, so the idea is that most people think that they're self-congratulatory, sometimes sarcastic assholes? In other words, they're like 90% of the chip music community, except people actually want to listen to their tunes?

The difference is that Nick (I'll leave Jack out of this as he is a respectable, nice fellow) takes himself seriously whereas when most other people in this scene act like assholes it's all in good fun.

A staggering majority of people that I've met on behalf of chipmusic have been kind, humble, generous individuals who can take a joke and can accept criticism without taking it personally.

Essentially, the idea is that in this life people will shit on you and you have to learn how to keep your cool without submerging yourself in a sea of butthurt.

Bikeless Boy is talking like he knows Jack and I.

Tacoma WA
Saskrotch wrote:

i like nick and i like jack and i like fighter x. me and nick have been friends for probably 5 years.

i just feel like i need to get that off my chest cause i'm always getting people bringing up some fighter x hate to me.

dont do that stuff okay.

this but i don't think i've known nick as long

never really understood all the butthurt that pops up about fighter x

also
please keep it civil folks or the thread will be closed

Seattle, WA

Infra, this thread should have been closed after I helped out 57. Close/delete, please!

Tacoma WA

good point

and closed

if you disagree feel free to pm me and we can chat cool