Brunswick, GA USA

I think the clothes thing relates to the age thing. There is a certain point where music, clothes, and other material things are points of identity, putting you in some group or another, where looking the music, clothes, movies, is not necessarily a matter of appreciation. Of course, there are outliers who like music at face value (and often become musicians) and if you remain interested in music, fashion, whatever through adulthood it becomes less a matter of social identity and more of a straightforward appreciation. I'm not sure if the survey is checking for or aware of this.

Gosford, Australia

i definitely make conscious decisions about my clothing based on whether or not i'm going to a chip show, js

Last edited by Victory Road (Nov 5, 2014 5:43 am)

UK, Leicester

I just wear clothes with cassette tapes, graffiti, chip artists or glitch art on them on a daily basis, and I wear the same stuff to shows of every genre. I wore my lxtxcx glitch tee to a basment gig for a thrash-pop band, and I wore my micro-d tshirt to a chip gig

Seattle, WA

Buy toastyco

California

thanks for the survey.

Orange Creamsicle wrote:
Alpine wrote:

not really, I've seen people wearing snapbacks at indie gigs, at punk gigs, and at metalcore gigs. I don't think clothing really matters anymore

i believe that varies a lot between areas and subscenes; in any case, its at least valuable for the sake of being complete. also, snapbacks alone dont make a stereotypical hiphop outfit - its the ensemble that makes it. its like the difference between wearing a black shirt + blue jeans and wearing a full-on metal scene outfit, including weird black pants with miscalleneous straps (ive seen some wtf stuff), spiked wrist bands and some kind of panda makeup.

Different occasions are supposed to have a different mix.

Earth

Sup new kid