Is there a demo available somewhere anymore?  Maybe something with all the channels? I'd be fine with the old demo too.

I took the old demo down. I don't want it up anymore. The reason is it's just too far outdated, very barebones/buggy and doesn't represent this project very well.

Serious project related question... is there anyone around here that has a history of epilepsy? wink

Canada

haha.
I've had physical/emotional stress related seizures. Has nothing to do with bright flashing lights, however:p

Ok so maybe epilepsy is a bit overdramatic.

I present, Vibrato and Operator Algorithm display and animation.

Tokyo, Japan

Awesome! The algo display is pretty but having an option to turn off the flashing would be nice, especially seeing as people are going to be spending hours and hours looking at that screen!

Also heart for getting the algos right!

I like the animation, not so much the flashing.

Unsubscribe

-1 on the animation... doesnt really add much to editing... would rather see an oscilloscope of the resulting waveform if you gonna be fancy like that!

Canada

Would agree on the oscilloscope. You would need the ability to playback the phrase from the synthesis screen if the realtime oscilloscope were situated there. Otherwise, a stationary snapshot of what the waveform would look like before playing could be cool... ya.

Don't you love the critics CS?
I love the animation. You are not going to stare at the algo anyway.  You will make the change and be on your way.
Great job so far big_smile

If there's one thing that's important, it's listen to the fans.

Maybe the flashing is a bit much, I'll remove it. I just wanted to see what everyone thought about the animated algorithms.

Usually guys I love feature requests. Now on the oscilloscope, I don't think it's feasible to code an oscilloscope. Seeing as how the YM2612 handles all the synthesis operations in hardware and I can't really read the output like that from within code. Perhaps it's possible to emulate the expected output and then display that but the overhead in coding and processing cycles would probably outweigh the benefits of having one. Thanks guys for the suggestions.

Adelaide, Australia

Waveform oscilloscope?! Remember this is a Sega Genesis we're talking about here! tongue

I reckon the algorithm diagram should be more functional and easy to recognize rather than flashy. Keep the design clean and simple - especially since this needs to be clear on a small screen like the Nomad.

NorthTtrrrway

Nice to see this tracker evolving so fast!

If there is space for graphics, there must be space for programming MIDI sync.
It should be possible to build an interface after that.
There is GENMDM that already has reached MIDI communication, so, it should be relatively easy.

Last edited by the mist toggles (Nov 16, 2014 6:50 pm)

Michigan
the mist toggles wrote:

Nice to see this tracker evolving so fast!

If there is space for graphics, there must be space for programming MIDI sync.
It should be possible to build an interface after that.
There is GENMDM that already has reached MIDI communication, so, it should be relatively easy.

Yessir. We have plans for a post-release.
I do hope to design something cheaper than the teesny interface, but if worse come to worse, it would still be a fall-back option.

Yes, MIDI sync is for sure.

I got rid of the flashing, and added more shading to the animations. It looks much nicer and more rich now and is not as distracting. I've decided to keep it as is.

I'm taking a break from Tracker commands and going on over to implementing ADSR display, Options menu, Tempo Control and... oh what's that "g" word that seems so popular around here, hmm. Must've slipped my mind. wink

Medina, Ohio

Just recently got a Genesis Model II and am truly looking forward to having a prodigy cart. Keep up the good work!

Canada

Prodigy will have gremlins.
Take my money.