Illinoisenoisenoise

my genesis 3 is ready!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
CountSymphoniC wrote:

I'm in the middle of pushing for a public demo release. So maybe you will get to try it out soon.

So excite, so very excite.

No promises on a Christmas release, it depends on how this turns out. But if I can get the required tasks checked off by then, then Merry Christmas.

Keep in mind, the coming public demo release is to get everyone's feet wet with Genesis/Megadrive console tracking, get ideas for feature requests, and for the entire Chiptune community to help give feedback to help envisage the future of this project. It is by no means a promise that we'll see regular demo updates before the official mainline release. The beta team and I will be working closely on making sure that everyone gets a solid tracker to compose and go live with.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I don't expect a Christmas release but once it does come out I'm certain my heart will grow three sizes that day.

Canada

<3jeff's post

New York, New York
CountSymphoniC wrote:

I'm in the middle of pushing for a public demo release. So maybe you will get to try it out soon.

I'm really looking forward to this! I have Sega Genesis Model 1 and Sega Genesis Nomad to play it out on!

Esopus-dragon wrote:
CountSymphoniC wrote:

I'm really looking forward to this! I have Sega Genesis Model 1 and Sega Genesis Nomad to play it out on!

I've personally tested on a model 1 and it works great. Unmodded Nomads are reported to have minor issues with the LCD clipping a slight portion of the top and bottom of the screen.

Michigan

Edges being cut off is mostly a problem with CRT televisions, the NES being very notorious. On modern LCDs it will not be noticeable. It will also not be noticeable on an LCD modded Nomad.

...unrelated: tongue

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Dec 21, 2014 10:30 pm)

Teasing bastard!
Both the beer and the cart big_smile

Merry Christmas everyone! There's a present in the main post for all of you. big_smile big_smile

Be sure to read the included readme.

Medina, Ohio

Wish I had an everdrive or some way to test this out sad

UK / FR

wooooo thanks! I'm so excited about this. Merry crimbus yo big_smile

São Paulo, Brazil

best xmas gift!!!

any way of saving yet?

france

It launch for me, no graphic bug or glitch but I don't have any sound...
For the first five minute...
Then, now I play sound on PSG1 and FM1.
Actually I use Picodrive on dingoo a320.
I will try again on PSP later.

It's a really good first real version smile
Thank you and merry christmas smile

france

For those of you which may be in the "no sound" problem : stereo panning = 03

yoyz2k wrote:

For those of you which may be in the "no sound" problem : stereo panning = 03

You're welcome everyone.

Yes Stereo Panning on FM synth editing is as follows. 0 = off, 1 = Right, 2 = Left, 3 = Both.
That's one thing I forgot to put in the documentation. But everything else is in there as far as I can recall. Also for PSG, you must set up your envelopes first.

Keep in mind that this is very early for a release. I wanted to wait longer on a release with more features but I figured "ahh what the heck". One request for those that haven't downloaded yet. If you like, refer to the documentation before reporting bugs or asking about features, that way we keep these threads clean, thank you.

Also, you may test on emulators. I use Regen personally.

Last edited by CountSymphoniC (Dec 26, 2014 12:51 am)