Minneapolis, MN

What the title said. Normally I conpose about 3-5 full songs each month, which works out to 50+ songs per year, but normally, I'm only really happy with about 1/2 of them, but enough about me, What about you chippers?

Last edited by TEOMAWKI (Dec 20, 2014 1:12 am)

barf

between 200 and 250 haha

I never kept track. Many.

Full songs I am satisfied with? None.
Full songs? Probably 30-50 give or take.
Snippets of ideas that never bear fruit? Way way too many.

buffalo, NY

10-15. Composing for games is like partial songs, which I'm including here.  It's not uncommon for me to put 10-20 hours into a song

Joliette, QC, Canada

It depends...I did a shitload of songs last year but I just finished 3 or 4 top max this year with all the things that happened in my life in 2014 (my dad, my aunt and my uncle died...and I just have a goddamn blank page syndrome everytime I try !)

Unsubscribe

Last edited by Crashmast (Apr 5, 2023 10:24 am)

Brunswick, GA USA

I don't really count, but it's roughly 12 because I try for one per month or more.

California

This year about 25, not including the 5 or so failed ideas/sketches that I was never able to complete.

Seattle, WA

Oh lord if you people could see my dropbox.

Hundreds upon hundreds of sketches/loops that'll probably never go anywhere. Maybe only a couple tracks a year.

If I do OHCs that usually bumps that number up a lot more and its more motivating at times.

Whateverville, California

Ho brah, I mek mad kine.

Chicago IL
danimal cannon wrote:

It's not uncommon for me to put 10-20 hours into a song

okay for real if this is considered an above average amount of time to spend on a song i'm officially super embarrassed about how long it takes me me to write tracks that can't even come close to yours

I recently picked up the production baton again maybe two months ago, but since i was starting a fresh I approached with an anti chaotic mindset, so I am deleting the song drafts that I KNOW wont go anywhere, they are stil accessible to me in previous backups in dropbox if i change my mind but they are not on my main LSDJ SAV.

On my main LSDJ SAV I have 16 songs, on average 75% finished, and for those I have spent over 125 hours so far, once they are finished I may spend the same amount getting the vocals and extra production bits done ha ha....

Last edited by JodyBigfoot (Dec 20, 2014 9:05 am)

New Zealand

There are 8765 hours in one year
8+7+6+5=26
2+6=8
8 is commonly used as a symbol for infinity

Last edited by 8BIT KIDD (Dec 20, 2014 10:06 am)