Abandoned on Fire
egr wrote:

Downloaded this last nite and it's definitely got my attention!  Can't wait for the drive home from work so I can really blast it out.

Verdict = excellent.  Thank god this album is as long as it is... a tiny taste is not nearly enough!

Surrey, BC Canada
xwd wrote:

Reminder for everyone who doesn't like the vocals: the source .it files do not have the vocals. You can play those, even convert them to .mp3, if you don't want any of the vocals.

And this, this release is amazing and entirely worth the wait.

Ah, good call xwd! I am all for people doing this, especially if it is just the vocals they don't enjoy.

I was thinking of releasing an instrumental version of Anomaly alongside the vocal version, but I thought it would show a lack of balls in backing the style and the concept. That's one of the reasons I was happy to include the .it files, for anyone who was vehemently opposed to the vocals. Unfortunately, the .it files are pre production, so they tend to sound a lot muddier than the finished tracks.

egr wrote:
egr wrote:

Downloaded this last nite and it's definitely got my attention!  Can't wait for the drive home from work so I can really blast it out.

Verdict = excellent.  Thank god this album is as long as it is... a tiny taste is not nearly enough!

Glad you liked it, man! Out of curiosity, how did it sound in your car? I tried to mix it to be a little car friendly. At least in my car. I tried to listen to each early mix of the album in my car before making any iterative changes. I kept at it until I didn't have to boost or cut any treble or bass in my car. That's how I knew I got it where I wanted it haha. But yeah, my car stereo is total garbage, so I am definitely curios to hear how it goes in other people's cars.

Last edited by Norrin_Radd (Apr 21, 2010 6:53 pm)

New York, NY

Finally got to take a preliminary listen to this. Wish I could give you a high-five from NYC. Incredible!

Abandoned on Fire
Norrin_Radd wrote:
egr wrote:

Glad you liked it, man! Out of curiosity, how did it sound in your car? I tried to mix it to be a little car friendly. At least in my car. I tried to listen to each early mix of the album in my car before making any iterative changes. I kept at it until I didn't have to boost or cut any treble or bass in my car. That's how I knew I got it where I wanted it haha. But yeah, my car stereo is total garbage, so I am definitely curios to hear how it goes in other people's cars.

With my stereo, all the kicks hit HARD but the bass in general is well under control.  The vocals sound awesome cranked up and it doesn't get piercing at all.  In other words... KICK ASS.  smile

Eanske, Holland

Holy crap that's some intricate programming and rhythm changes !
will pass it to some of my metal friends, see if they dig smile
so, gonna try the sega genesis next ? fm is pretty good for distorted
guitars (thunderforce IV comes to mind as usual).
I'm not into metal myself but I realy enjoy someone taking the time and
effort to create something outside of the usual, and for some reason
metal always seems to be underappreciated in chipmusic. I think this
is gonna be a landmark where future chipmetal will be compared to.
/me bows

Eanske, Holland

wired approved wink

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/tag/norrin-radd/

Russia

I seriously don't know what to say more, but this work is really impressive.

ten thumbs up!