SLC, UT

DSC, pm'ed (like 5 times on accident)

PM'd back.

any word on linux support? I want one, but don't want to fiddle with a vm or an old pc.

Australia

I've got working code for the core program (Transfer of ROM's on and off) in python which is compatible is all OS's
I haven't attempted the ROM compiler (combining multiple roms for use on the one cart). How confident are you with python?

You can always dual boot

I suck at programming of all kinds. how exactly are the roms combined? any different from the simple alignment the ems cart needs?

Australia

The ROM's need to be aligned to boundaries depending on their size and SRAM requirements. Then the Menu ROM needs to be ammended to point to the ROM's locations on the Flash. This can all be done in the command line if you don't mind converting a few numbers from decimal to Hex. Before I finished my compiler code, it was all done this way. After a few compilations, I could build the ROM file and patch the Menu in around 5 minutes.

I can talk you though it if you want to have a go.

i never managed to finish my menu compiler for the ems card, so i am sure i can't write something to do this. if reading/writing sram is already implememnted, i guess I can survive manually building my roms.

wife probably won't approve the purchase until my next paycheck.

Australia

Let me know if you decide to get it and I'll write you a custom firmware for the board to make it easier to code for.

Thanks ben for all your work on this it looks amazing
Just to clarify witha256 cart you could have two patched lsdj's running each with 64 songs
Or one with 64 and a load of other roms ?
To good to be true

found what i was looking for here http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/15601 … ge/page/2/

Last edited by jovius (Jan 23, 2015 8:08 pm)

Australia

Thanks Jovius,

You can have up to 3 patched LSDJ's and the limitation really depends on the length and complexity of the songs as it does in any LSDJ cart. So yes, many songs on each LSDJ. Each of my patched LSDJ ROM's use 56Megabits out of the 256 so that will give you an idea of how many other ROM's you can get on there. Usually quite a lot!