France

I'm not sure my android devices support OTG but I'll have a look anyway! Thanks a lot for pointing it out.

New Zealand
garvalf wrote:

I'm not sure my android devices support OTG but I'll have a look anyway! Thanks a lot for pointing it out.

If you want to find out if your phone supports OTG, you can install the app and try "Detect USB device" from the menu (even without a USB device connected).
If you don't see the message "Sorry your device does not appear to support usb host." then it probably supports it smile

Here's a screenshot of the message:

Australia

OK, checked all voltage regulators and all within spec. Swapped out the Flash IC with a known good one, Fault remains (Though I did pull the page1+2 ROM's off the original flash). Swapped out the MBC (FPGA) and moved the fault to my cart and restored functionality in yours. Confirmed dead FPGA (Part number - SiliconBlue ICE65L-04F-L)

These are available but unfortunately the ROM within is write only. Has anyone come across the VHDL or binary for this FPGA?

Or does anyone have a dead cart they would like to donate?

Chips & Dip :3

OSX has worked for me 9 times out of 10. I would highly recommend using it. I think 2xAA is also making a sync application for 64m carts for mac soon, so stay on the lookout for that...

New Zealand
BennVenn wrote:

OK, checked all voltage regulators and all within spec. Swapped out the Flash IC with a known good one, Fault remains (Though I did pull the page1+2 ROM's off the original flash). Swapped out the MBC (FPGA) and moved the fault to my cart and restored functionality in yours. Confirmed dead FPGA (Part number - SiliconBlue ICE65L-04F-L)

These are available but unfortunately the ROM within is write only. Has anyone come across the VHDL or binary for this FPGA?

Or does anyone have a dead cart they would like to donate?

I think the best bet would be to ask on the hkems board. Maybe they'd give you a binary... or they might just send a replacement.

http://hkems.proboards.com/

Last edited by Shifty Pixlz (May 27, 2015 1:57 am)

Australia

The site is blocked at my work's gateway. I'll take a look when I get home. My first thoughts are hkems would keep the binary to themselves. Can't hurt to ask though!

I'm thinking of replacing the FPGA with a GBC MBC. You'll only get the one bank (Unless I add a manual bank switch...) but it's better than a dead cart!

While I'm at it, I could add a second SRAM IC, give the cart a second bank of ram too.

France

Hello,

the "Gameboy Cart Tool" is working very well, it's easy to use. I managed to get it work on Nexus 7, not on Nexus 4. Anyway, I could transfer my LSDJ projects on the cart so I can work and render it on the GB. First time LSDJ crashed (sort of "kernel panic" or "BSOD") and it corrupted some data, then I flashed it again and it seems to be ok so far. I guess we need to make several backup with LSDJ to be sure it is safe...

I hope you'll manage to find a new FPGA or a way to make this cart work again!