Toronto, Canada
Dire Hit wrote:

Making music costs no money whatsoever, why should we be compensated?

Seriously though I love it when we get to ridicule someone as a community. I love this site.

familial bonding

Madriz, Supain

Nevermind

Seattle, WA
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

Nevermind

That's an ok album, although I'm not a huge Nirvana fan.

at least send some daddy longleg spiders and cats man...

France
katsumbhong wrote:

Game Team: Okay bpozega, we're pretty much done with the programming. What's our projected budget for music?

bpozega: I'm thinking $0.

I guess they can also hire the webdesigner for $0.

Unsubscribe

no reason to make fun of a guy on the bottom for doing that, thats how they work at the top too.

Washington, PA
PleaseLoseBattle wrote:

It's the way it was introduced.

"I need 5 or 10 songs. No budget but free exposure for you, seize this chance ! Send your works to [email protected], I'll do a selection."

How could he be more scornful ?

Yeah. That's actually worse than I expected. "Seize this chance"? That's not the attitude to have when asking for help.

Which reminds me, I need someone to move a fold-out couch from my upstairs spare room to the downstairs living room. No budget but you can sit on the couch after you're done, seize this chance !

Finland

Also I love how he called it "Drama", trying to elude the fact that it was simply a STUPID FUCKING SUGGESTION.

Montreal, Canada

I've worked for super small start-ups and bedroom-coder projects, and they all paid me promptly. When you're dealing with developers that are the least bit serious about their stuff, they have no problems with paying you. When someone doesn't want to pay for assets, it's a sure sign that you're dealing with someone that's not experienced enough to even complete his project.

The funny part is.. I'm fairly sure here nobody would mind working for free really. The right project, the right people, the right circumstances...sure I'll pitch in for fun. But some moron who barges in without even taking half a second to get to know the community, listen to what people make and maybe contact specific artists directly? Just an open call for "kick ass" stuff? Shows how much the guy just wants chiptunes because he's trying to ride the indy retro wave to the bank.

Madriz, Supain
Dire Hit wrote:

Nevermind

I have to agree, altho I am a huge Nirvana fan. But its just an ok album, they shine brighter in In Utero.

Washington, PA
Dire Hit wrote:

I have to agree, altho I am a huge Nirvana fan. But its just an ok album, they shine brighter in In Utero.

In Utero's got Steve Albini's impeccable drum micing, so it always wins.

Clermont-Ferrand, France
n00bstar wrote:

who barges in without even taking half a second to get to know the community

Exactly my thoughts.

Earth
PleaseLoseBattle wrote:

It's the way it was introduced.

"I need 5 or 10 songs. No budget but free exposure for you, seize this chance ! Send your works to [email protected], I'll do a selection."

How could he be more scornful ?

Yeah totally. You have to approach people the right way, and not assume they would want to give you creative work for free. Even if he had no money, he should have offered profit sharing. If it was a non-commercial project, that another story.

jmc1987 wrote:

Yeah the production is great on that album. I'm kind of ambivalent about the music.

Madriz, Supain
jmc1987 wrote:

And guitar multimicing for real "reverb". Its astonishing.

...im pretty sure Albini made it for free. They were his buddies. It'd give him a lot of exposure. Etc.

Nevermind.

Toronto, Canada

what happened to this thread

this is a mess

Washington, PA

...im pretty sure Albini made it for free. They were his buddies. It'd give him a lot of exposure. Etc.

Nevermind.

I'd bet he at least waived his royalties, which is another reason he's a hero of the music world.