NUMBSKULL

Basically:

Chipmusic.org wrote:

Madriz, Supain
jmc1987 wrote:
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

...im pretty sure Albini made it for free. They were his buddies. It'd give him a lot of exposure. Etc.

Nevermind.

I'd bet he at least waived his royalties, which is another reason he's a hero of the music world.

Actually hes pretty cheap, refuses to use words liek "produced" etcetera. Hes the fucking man, I agree.

Washington, PA
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

Actually hes pretty cheap, refuses to use words liek "produced" etcetera. Hes the fucking man, I agree.

I'm pretty sure he's had a few "produced by" credits, but generally prefers to be credited as an engineer. According to Electrical Audio's booking page, he charges $750 a day in house, $1000 for travel - not counting studio rental and analog tape (because, y'know, he's Steve Albini and you better not even think about ProTools in his presence).

So, hands down the cheapest rate you could get on a record producer of his level. Of course, knowing how outspoken he is, I figure you also run the risk of having a hero tell you just how much your band sucks right to your face.

Washington, PA

Looks like folks over here were more receptive: http://www.reddit.com/r/chiptunes/comme … une_songs/

Last edited by jmc1987 (Jun 17, 2015 12:27 am)

Minneapolis, MN
catskull wrote:

Basically:

Chipmusic.org wrote:

THIS! HAHAHAAHAH!

NUMBSKULL
jmc1987 wrote:

Looks like folks over here were more receptive: http://www.reddit.com/r/chiptunes/comme … une_songs/

Is that your threadcrap comment? I love the logic of trying to prevent assholes from being assholes by being an asshole.

Washington, PA
catskull wrote:
jmc1987 wrote:

Is that your threadcrap comment? I love the logic of trying to prevent assholes from being assholes by being an asshole.

It was me. Not sure how rephrasing the original poster's message to emphasize that it might not be the best deal makes me an asshole, but okay.

Montreal, Canada

DAMMIT.

Now someone else is gonna get the free exposure! I was totally just trying to ruin this thread so I could grab that sweet-ass contract for myself.

Washington, PA
n00bstar wrote:

DAMMIT.

Now someone else is gonna get the free exposure! I was totally just trying to ruin this thread so I could grab that sweet-ass contract for myself.

Same thing happened to me a few years ago when someone snatched up this sweet deal on a bridge in Brooklyn I was trying to get.

Minneapolis, MN
jmc1987 wrote:
n00bstar wrote:

DAMMIT.

Same thing happened to me a few years ago when someone snatched up this sweet deal on a bridge in Brooklyn I was trying to get.

Hey leave my bridge outta this!