herr_prof wrote:

Youve never obviously been to a NYC supermarket.

LOL reading through the whole thread was worth it for this

france

The only thing I'm sure is there is less than twenty active tracker developer in the scene.
And if you hurt them they will be scared.
So ok, it's not cool but you can create a new tracker scene and maybe it's worth.
Don't you think ?

NUMBSKULL
DSC wrote:

I have heard plenty about you too stargazer.  You have left people hangin' too, don't act like you are Lilly white, PLEASE!
You just change your name when you get into trouble.  What will it be next time? Numbskull?

Now I'm curious - who have I left hanging?

Pittsburgh, USA

So he's open sourcing the software? How hard do you think it would be to make my own cart with the potentiometers and stuff?

Melbourne
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

I know a lot of people who build electronical shit on their bedrooms and when theres trouble they just post OI, THERES TROUBLE, and offer refunds to those who cant wait.

I really want to give Furrtek my simpathy, but ive spent this evening trying to sync the GB303 with no sucess. So, its difficult.

Hey, people are different. I'm pretty sure I'd have a hard time replying if I came to this forum and saw people saying I'm an asshole because they didn't receive their product the day after I announced it, or that the first revision didn't work perfectly. I mean no disrespect, but threads like this and the one about GenMDM have put me off the idea of selling any electronic projects I create..

Paris

I agree.

The only thing that pissed me off was when he said he sent me the product when he didn't. I check my mailbox every morning, praising I would find it. Then I felt like a fool.
I'm still waiting a kitsch-bent order from January, I received an empty order from Thursday Customs, ordered a GB303, ordered a 200$ gameboy to 8bit aesthetic and he didn't answered to any of my mails since he got paid one month ago. I'm waiting for my 8bit fool king crown but I fear It will be lost in shipping as well.

I wish he would continue working on it. I don't care if I have to wait, even if I have to pay more since it worth more.
I firmly encourage him to let someone else take care of building, and maybe selling his products for him, so he could concentrate on the few bugs.
The final product will be amazing. But no more lies and no more silence.

Last edited by Biere Gratuite (Jun 18, 2015 11:49 pm)

Michigan
pselodux wrote:

I know a lot of people who build electronical shit on their bedrooms and when theres trouble they just post OI, THERES TROUBLE, and offer refunds to those who cant wait.

I really want to give Furrtek my simpathy, but ive spent this evening trying to sync the GB303 with no sucess. So, its difficult.

Hey, people are different. I'm pretty sure I'd have a hard time replying if I came to this forum and saw people saying I'm an asshole because they didn't receive their product the day after I announced it, or that the first revision didn't work perfectly. I mean no disrespect, but threads like this and the one about GenMDM have put me off the idea of selling any electronic projects I create..

Indeed.

herr_prof wrote:
DSC wrote:

What will it be next time? Numbskull?

Indiana

He wasnt on time, he didnt even apologised. I have other guy's box after a FAKE tracking number.

gosh any way you look at it, giving somebody a fake tracking number is a super weird thing to do. is that even something that happens?

Madriz, Supain
yoyz2k wrote:

The only thing I'm sure is there is less than twenty active tracker developer in the scene.
And if you hurt them they will be scared.
So ok, it's not cool but you can create a new tracker scene and maybe it's worth.
Don't you think ?

I'd be more worried about hurting the musicians who put their trust in said trackers.

And yes, theres new scenes. Daily. Thats one of the reasons why chip is not as big as it deserves : this big shit.

pselodux wrote:

Dont twist words. Its not after the day announced, its lying about tracking numbers, not replying at all, not sending people what they paid for. We can understand a bug here and there, but a machine that doesnt work THAT YOU HAVE TO BEG FOR IT AFTER YOU PAID is not "being an asshole".

I wonder how much time some of you guys would live in a real scene, where something like this means youre out of it forever. Seriously, is not that difficult to comunicate and act nice. People is simpathethic to honest  and humble people.

Fudgers wrote:

He wasnt on time, he didnt even apologised. I have other guy's box after a FAKE tracking number.

gosh any way you look at it, giving somebody a fake tracking number is a super weird thing to do. is that even something that happens?

there was another guy with a nonworking tracking number, so yes, apparently this is a thing.

I have a very simple question for all of you.

Did any of you contact him and offer to help, or am I the only one?
These projects are daunting.  You have no idea how big until you jump in.
Very early on I PM'd him and offered help.  Even if you do get yours shipped, if it is too buggy to work,
what have you really gained?  Support over time is sometimes more important than the object itself is.
'Whatever we can do to help' should be the motto here, but as was in my case, it never happened.

Madriz, Supain

after all the shit i went thru to get mine i was gonna give him some feedback on bugs , guessed it would be useful and whatnot. Turns out i cant get the thing to work for more than 30 seconds straight, so im not sure what feedback to give him . I dont know much about coding to help him in other areas

Montreal, Canada

Just gonna drop in and say KLYSTRACK MOTHERFUCKERS.

Then you'll say "Not the same thing AT ALL man:

And I'll say "Exactly."

And we'll all hate each other forever.

http://kometbomb.github.io/klystrack/

Good times.

It's a real shame that this hasn't worked out. My sympathy rests with those who have received goods which are not fit for purpose or have not received anything at all. I suppose one of the two applies to everybody who ordered.

This 'sympathy for the young developer' notion in nonsense. Had the developer positioned this correctly in the first instance then I doubt that they would be facing this stressful situation which they are struggling to deal with. The fact that he is young really makes no difference in my mind.

Essentially, furtek offered for sale a product which was no where near a finished product. Frankly, the product was still within the early development phase. He could have sought donations for research or perhaps sought beta testers who could have helped to meet the cost of development. Had it been made clear that this was the situation then people would not have been in a position to complain. The fact is that his web page did not indicate that they were in an early development phase. Everything suggested that this was a finished product, albeit the first run. It's reasonable to expect that the first run may have bugs but it's not reasonable for them to be unusable or not even sent out, in some cases.

If you launch a business venture you must at least expect to be liable for the cost of setting things up. If the business goes well then you stand to gain through profit. If it doesn't then you can expect to loose your initial investment. That's how business works. If you're not willing to front and potentially loose the start up costs then perhaps it would be more appropriate to seek assistance from investors who could buy a share of your venture or to operate as a charity whereby you can accept donations. I would have happily donated to the development of what I viewed to be an exciting product with great potential.

Going forwards, I would implore any developers, young or old, who wish to sell their product that they have sufficient contingency to ensure that the product at least arrives and is fit for purpose. If you're in a development stage then make it clear that this is the case. If you lack the business acumen to make sufficient contingencies and deal with the most basic of customer requirements then try to collaborate with somebody who can. I'm sure there are established chip tune product developers/shop owners who would have been happy to collaborate on this one.

My post is not meant as an attack on Furtek. I don't think for a second that he intended for the GB303 to end up this way although I must say that he has been incredibly naive and irresponsible in his actions. I congratulate him for finally dragging his head out of the sand in attempting to do what he can to rectify the situation.

As much I doubt it will, I hope that this situation works out for all of those involved.

I guess I was asking too much from this community and I got the response I expected....  NOTHING.

Paris

Nope dude, I totally agree. I had long mail chat with him today. Offered him help (I know a few Napoleon dynamite dance moves that could cheer him up), said he still had supporters. Begged him to continue developpement. We all know that nobody will continue his work.