Earth

Honestly they'll forget about raves before they forget about Mario.

))<>((

I'm surprised the scene is still around.

Seattle, WA
tacticalbread wrote:

I'm surprised you're around given I haven't seen you and that great avatar post anything since 8bc.

TX

over my dead body

I always thought disco was dead.

Had some chipmusic playing while delivering mail. A couple times people thought it was my phone's ringtone.

The place where I live doesn't even know chiptune exists

even though I mention it, and talk about it, and even hand out a few files here and there

it just slips off the mind of people

maybe I need to write some chip rancheras to hit it off in Monterrey, though I bet they'll think I'm just ripping off of El Sonidito

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x47NYUbtYb0

TSSBAY01

he has a strain of weed named after him, you know

UK, Leicester
tacticalbread wrote:

you keep dissapearing for 2+ years at a time so i kinda just assumed you didnt really exist anymore

but yeah on topic, chiptune has managed to live for a fair amount of time. If you're talking short term, chip will be fine, teenagers will keep finding "skrillex 8 bit version" videos on youtube and then go deeper. If you're talking long term, we'll all be dead before chiptune is so its not like it matters really. In the end everything that we've written will be lost, and thats okay.

Last edited by Alpine (Apr 13, 2015 5:43 pm)

the whole universe will disappear someday so yes

Hot Springs, Arkansas

I don't believe that chiptune music will die out for 2 reasons:
1. As long as there is still an audience for it, it will live on.

2. It is vastly different from most genres. The most it has in common with is probably electronic music, being that is a sub genre of it, but it is the black sheep of the whole operation there.

I read that kids these don't know about c64 and things like that. I disagree. The more the youtube scene of let's players has broken out, the more kids are aware of video games. I believe that they will find interest in it, just by looking around, as was my way of finding out about. I am 14 at this time, and have been aware of chiptune for several years. It first started with a general interest in video game history. I wanted to get all the old video game systems and such, but then i gradually moved over to music, because of my growing interest in it. With that, came the growing interest in video game music, which ultimately, led to chiptune music. I've grown out of the NES and into C64, because i enjoy it better, and also started making my own music. I've made my friends listen to all my songs, and they weren't totally disgusted by it, so that proves that there is still hope. This proves my first point, plus, the people who grew up on it won't be dying off for another 20 years. Who would even consider chip music dying? I know it's underground, but so are a lot of things. I just hope Chip gets it time in the mainstream eventually. Long Live Chiptune!

Montreal, Canada

I have it on pretty good authority that chiptune has disappeared tonight at 9h00 Eastern Standard Time.

RIP chiptune.

Minneapolis, MN

Rest In Pulse1 chiptunes

sky-myamigaisdead.mod

))<>((
Alpine wrote:
tacticalbread wrote:

you keep dissapearing for 2+ years at a time so i kinda just assumed you didnt really exist anymore

I haven't written music in five years, so that's probably why.

Baja California
El Huesudo II wrote:

The place where I live doesn't even know chiptune exists

I know how you feel. I do my best even if no one give a shit. Sadly here in Mexico the only place that people is well aware of it is DF, and no one does something to help other places than the capital. I'm surprised that this hasn't got to tijuana yet.