Whateverville, California

Thanks for the advice! It seems really snug in there... I tested it in the store for fit before I bought it, but maybe I was just being hopeful. (My default mode.) but having seen the shaving method solve a similar problem I'll give it a shot. :3

Don't worry, I've already lost all my data once when I removed the batteries. Turns out my "BIOS" (not sure what it's called in a calculator, haha) battery was bad, so I lost all the programs. It's all good though, it was just awkward learner noises anyway. What's the typical battery life of a TI-82 running HT? Mine lasted for about four hours... seems kinda slim. Maybe my batteries were old to begin with though.

Anyway, glad to hear HT isn't mothballed! It's a great program and I have this feeling your hard work won't go unappreciated.

Nomad's Land

Battery mileage seems to vary. Normally you can run on one set of batteries for a week and more of frequent usage, but sometimes they seem to run out rather quickly. Haven't gotten to the bottom of this yet.

"Service Temporarily Unavailable" :-(

Nomad's Land

Yeah my site is currently down, can't do much about it at the moment. Hopefully it'll be back up soon.
In the meantime, you can always grab the sources at the github page, and build it yourself following the build instructions in the wiki.

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Feb 15, 2015 1:02 pm)

No Particular Place

Is the TI-83 (The new one) the same as the old one?

Nomad's Land

You mean the Parcus (this one)? Yep, that's pretty much the same.

Utah

So I'm trying to install .22 and I'm running into the same problem TSC was having with the "Incompatible Type" error message. I see that bug was fixed in .3 but with .3 currently unusable, is there a working .22 for TI-83+?

Nomad's Land

Well, neither .22 nor .3 is really stable on the Plus models. So you can also install .3 - just stay away from the save function, don't expect copy/paste to work properly, and beware of random RAM clears yikes Or just don't install it and wait a couple more months.
Anyway, you have pm wink

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Jul 28, 2015 12:14 am)

Any news on HT 2?

Nomad's Land

Yes, it's coming very, very soon... stay tuned big_smile

Do you have a beta or something? Pretty, pretty please :-D

Quebec, Canada

I think someone forgot to shout some update here tongue

http://irrlichtproject.de/houston/

St Louis
qitano wrote:

I think someone forgot to shout some update here tongue

http://irrlichtproject.de/houston/

This is one very cool project who would have thought you could make something that sounds that good on a calculator. I have played around with a few audio apps on my 83+ but most were buggy and frankly finding an adapter to hook your link cable port up to an audio cable is hard.

If I wanted to buy a TI just for houston tracker, what calculator should I buy?
Is there any other accessory needed?

Maybe you could answer in the FAQ on the website, for TI-newbies like me ;-)

Thx!

Nomad's Land

I've replied in the thread about HT2.
Please post there unless you have a question specifically related to the now obsolete HT1.

Matthew Joseph Payne

Posting this here since it was made with HT1:

My piece "Etude for Contrabass Flute and TI83+ Calculator" is going to be on flutist Meerenai Shim's new album "Pheremone", which is currently available for preorder. Adam T. Davis of Gnarboots did the art. The album is available for preorder now: https://meerenai.bandcamp.com/

She did a really great job of indicating the specific software used for the electronic aspects of each piece, so Houston Tracker got a mention in the full liner notes. smile