NUMBSKULL

Last edited by catskull (Jun 22, 2015 5:02 pm)

Unsubscribe

Geez guys get a room.

New Zealand
Jazzmarazz wrote:

Maybe I was wrong about him speaking with kitsch

Furrtek mentioned he had contact with Kitsch-Bent earlier in this thread.

furrtek wrote:

Kitsch-Bent and I are in contact and we're having some plans for the future...

I had a lot of hope for this project. My plan was to just use it as a midi sync'd synth via the nanoloop usb-midi adapter with on the fly adjustable parameters via the potentiometers. If mine arrives I still hope I can get some use out of it.

FYI, I received nothing and raise dispute in Paypal and seems like I have take my money back.

Paris

Projet's dead, had really hard communication with him on twitter. What a shame....

Madriz, Supain
Biere Gratuite wrote:

Projet's dead, had really hard communication with him on twitter. What a shame....

OH NO CANT YOU JUST WAIT A FEW MORE MONTHS?

Sorry, I had to make the joke.

This is really a shame . So much potential.

Paris

Happy with your useless unfinished and never will be cartridge? At least I'll have my money back.

New Zealand

I thought there was only 45 Days to open a dispute?

From the paypal site

"You can open a dispute in the Resolution Center within 45 calendar days of payment. By opening a dispute, you are able to communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction."

I tried to email a couple of weeks after he tweeted he was sending the items as is as is but didn't get a response.

Last edited by Pathogenic (Aug 5, 2015 10:52 am)

Paris

Still worked for me

Santiago, Chile

Kitsch Bent is selling units again, so I bought one smile
But I have troubles syncing to MIDI via Arduinoboy...

I use Catskull's (legacy) Arduinoboy-Shield, flashed with the no-ps2 branch (https://github.com/catskull/Arduinoboy/tree/no-ps2), and I think hardware-side all is fine, as I can sync to Nanoloop 2 without problems.

But I can't get it to work with gb-303:

* Using LSDJ-sync on gb303 and "sync" mode on Arduinoboy the signal is received, but the step cursor is only flashing on the first step, it does not advance. I thought this would be the correct way, but the cursor does not advance (I guess it gets reset with each step)

* I tried "LSDJ Midi In" with "LSDJ Midi out" on Arduinoboy, but it does nothing.

* If I switch to "syncmap" on Arduinoboy (with "LSDJ-sync") with midi-in running, gb303 *does* sync to the beat, but after that it clears all the steps in gb303 and shows the stock pattern. If I modify it live, the pattern resets when it reaches step 1. But it *does* react to tempo changes via midi. This does not work if I select that mode on the Arduinoboy directly and press play after, only if I switch through modes with midi-in running. Strange, but at least something is happening, but pretty useless b/c it resets the pattern.

Any suggestions how to get it running?
Thanks in Advance Jekyll

PS: there is a Facebook-Group for gb303, but it's closed and I am still waiting for approval...

NUMBSKULL

First thing is I'd not use that branch, I actually didn't even realize that existed. You might have to install the PS2 library but I'd say run the latest code!

Santiago, Chile

Wow, years-old thread and an answer in hours, nice! Appreciate that, as you stated clearly you don't support that shield any more.

I tried with Arduinoboy-master from your Github, tested real quick, seems to behave exactly the same.
Will go more in depth over the weekend, also have a nanoloop-usb-midi laying around, maybe that can at least make it play a note.

Just to make sure: to just sync via MIDI, the correct way would be "sync" on Arduinoboy and "LSDJ-slave" on the gb303, right?!
I deactivated Note, CC and Program Change TX from my MIDI source to make sure to not accidentally reset the sequence. Keeps retriggering the first step over and over.

I use a GBA Sp, but that doesn't matter, does it? My DMG is on another continent, will take me a few months to rule that out....

Last edited by Jekyll (Aug 7, 2021 5:26 pm)

Sweden

Maybe a long shot, but make sure you use a GBP/GBC link cable and not GBA. The pins are in the wrong order on GBA cables.

Santiago, Chile

Good point, but I use a genuine Nintendo Split-Cable (MGB-010),so I should be good...

Will keep on testing different things over the weekend and report back

Philadelphia, PA

Curious for any reports on how it interacts with LSDJ.

Philadelphia, PA

-dual post-

Last edited by sloopygoop (Aug 9, 2021 8:24 pm)