IL, US

haha yeah, akira tends to be a little blunt smile

FERNDALE, MI, USA

i dug this.

New York City

Blunt is the word indeed, not harsh.
And something a lot of people 'up there' have a hard time to cope with smile

Battle Lava wrote:

it seems kinda often that Akira is a bit harsh and I'm confused what he gains from it.

The gain should be of everyone else, getting a balanced view on things and maybe an eye opener (from a professional VJing veteran who did it for 9 years at high scale) to see things through a different light and perhaps move forward into each one's personal investigation.

I guess it's just easier to big up anything and everything and never look for the really new, the best, one's own way.

But now this thread has been derailed.

Unsubscribe
Battle Lava wrote:

I guess my point in "taking a stand" here tongue is that it seems kinda often that Akira is a bit harsh and I'm confused what he gains from it.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown elite.

England

i thought the instalation was pretty impressive, if this was in a modern art gallery i can easily see this as being one of the more interesting peices.

i like Akira's internet critasism, it makes a refreshing change to all the mediocrity cocksucking that surrounds this scene wink

Last edited by Jellica (May 19, 2010 11:25 am)

Alright, fair enough.

uhajdafdfdfa

I think it could be a fairly nice piece of eye-candy if being present at the gallery, it loses quite a lot as an internet video though (considering that we can see almost anything we want on our computer screens, it's easy to be bored by things we see there, for me at least). It's a shame that it seems to be an advert ("TRANSFORMING THE MOBILE EXPERIENCE"?) rather than a proper piece of art.

Philly, PA, USA

I like how this has become a dual visual art-akira mannerisms thread. hah
I like the piece.
And akira is just being honest, it really matters how you read it.

Brazil

I liked it. Not much, but enough to say this is nice, I'd like to play in front of it (lights on my face ftw).

Anaheim, California

that was cool

philly

This shit is awesome.

Jellica wrote:

...i like Akira's internet critasism, it makes a refreshing change to all the mediocrity cocksucking that surrounds this scene wink

I usually don't.

People can describe Akira as harsh because sometimes his "honest" opinions lack tact. Some of his corrections or dissensions come across as outright standoffish. It's a pretty unlikable, unwelcoming quality. But, that's just something to get used to and ignore, as you can still always make the best of the information he presents and pass on the negative baggage that comes with.

How's that for blunt? wink

Last edited by bucky (May 20, 2010 2:37 am)

That's exactly how I feel! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

NYC

Akira's comments should just be listened to and processed. re-guard-less of attitude he tells it how it is.

Bronx, NY

Akira should be listened to and respected based on his experience, skill, knowledge, and talent, all of which he has in spades... but not because he "tells it like it is".

His bluntness is a personality trait, and he's not the only person who expresses his opinion that way, everyone just happens to notice it more when he does it.

I respect his opinion because he's talented and experienced. Praising someone just for their bluntness is undercutting the work they've done. Besides, you can take it or leave it when it comes to bluntness, this idea that everyone should take it is retarded. Fuck that. I can make my own standards and expectations of behavior and choose whether or not I like someone based on 'em.

Last edited by DaPantz (May 20, 2010 10:52 pm)

uhajdafdfdfa

Cool, a "do you like akira^8GB?" thread?

He's alright. wink

lolusa
pixls wrote:

I like how this has become a dual visual art-akira mannerisms thread. hah
I like the piece.
And akira is just being honest, it really matters how you read it.

I just read it as a pretty lady.