Portland, OR

There are tons I'd like to list but I'm a bit short on time at the moment. One thing I will mention, however, is Errol Morris' "First Person" series. I just watched the episode "Leaving the Earth" for the 6th time and it's still gripping as hell. Same goes for Morris' film, "The Thin Blue Line" (though I think someone may have already mentioned that here...?). Anyway, Documentaries = Fuck.Yeah.

EDIT: Oh and "Joy Division" was beautifully done.

Last edited by Greenleaf (May 18, 2010 5:54 am)

São Paulo, Brazil

"Standing in the Shadows of Motown", covering the hit-maker machine Funk Brothers, Motown's studio band. Really genius music and touching moments, perhaps my favorite "rock documentary".

IL, US

Dig! is pretty good
i also 2nd scratch
The Heart is a Drum Machine was pretty solid as well

Unsubscribe
PULSELOOPER wrote:

"Standing in the Shadows of Motown", covering the hit-maker machine Funk Brothers, Motown's studio band. Really genius music and touching moments, perhaps my favorite "rock documentary".

+!

American Hardcore is really good cause it reminds me alot of the chipscene, especially in the back half big_smile

BK

seconding "Standing In the Shadows Of Motown" and "Dig!". Can't believe i forgot those.

sweden

Awesome thread! I can recommend Synth Britannia and Joy Division - The Documentary.

Anyone seen the Skweee documentary?

Milwaukee, WI

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but: American Movie is beyond awesome. Oh and yes, Milwaukee is really like this.

Camden, London

Confessions of a Superhero: all about the funny types that dress up as superheroes in Las Vegas

Philly/NY
4mat wrote:

Crumb

4mat wrote:

Crumb

4mat wrote:

Crumb

IL, US
herr_prof wrote:
PULSELOOPER wrote:

+!

American Hardcore is really good cause it reminds me alot of the chipscene, especially in the back half big_smile

hahaha, i totally was thinking the same thing first time i saw it a few years ago

TSSBAY01

check out 'stockholm subway stories' if you want to see why swedish graffiti artists are the best in the world..also 'garbage warrior' is a pretty interesting docu about a dude who makes homes from trash. both are great.

NorthTtrrrway

a very inspiring documentary is the one about the BBC's radiophonic workshop...(reminds me to upload an old lsdj track)
EDIT: found the name, it's "The Alchemists of Sound "

Last edited by the mist toggles (May 20, 2010 3:05 pm)

São Paulo, Brazil
RG wrote:

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but: American Movie is beyond awesome. Oh and yes, Milwaukee is really like this.

I saw American Movie these days and I really got depressed (once again) for chosing the moviemaking area as main work 10 years ago.

Anaheim, California
Ro-Bear wrote:
Russolo wrote:

Who the Fuck is Jackson Pollock: loved this movei, its about a lady who picks up a possible Jackson Pollock from a thrist stroe and attempts to see if its worth anything, interesting look into the art world

Just watched this because it was on Netflix.  Pretty great!  Really makes me hate art people though tongue Thanks so much for all the suggestions!  Hopefully I'll be able to get to all of these badboys

Ya I know some of those art people were jerks hope you find some cool stuff

Last edited by Russolo (May 20, 2010 1:20 am)

Philly

Just watched The Great Happiness Space!  Pretty crazy world that I knew nothing about (but probably will never experience).  Definitely would recommend.

These certainly make you more aware of the way things are in the world.

Flow : http://www.sprword.com/videos/flow/
Earthlings : http://www.sprword.com/videos/earthlings/

There's also a ton of cool documentaries on there about ancient cultures etc.