IL, US

oh, if its on their site, its cool...just had my moderator hat on for a minute..also just concern that maybe any of that wouldve been private info

Philly, PA, USA

yeah i wasn't sure but it's all right at http://www.r5productions.com/contact/
so i don't think it makes a real difference

philly
HPizzle wrote:

yea first uni chip shows would be rad haha. r5 would be a good place to start. here's their contact info (straight from their last email blast) :
S E A N  A G N E W  * R 5  P R O D U C T I O N S
611 Washington Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19147
[email protected] /  215-821-R5R5 (brand new number!)
http://www.r5productions.com for complete info

i have no problem initiating contact, but it'd probably be better if someone with more experience in the scene did. any volunteers?

I have some R5 connections (I used to basically live on the couch at 611 on weekends, but I don't actually know Sean too well), and I hope I don't disappoint anyone by saying this, but I'm not too keen on pursuing them just this moment. smile I wouldn't be shy to contact Sean about setting something up, only that the church is one of the bigger venues and I'd like to strengthen ties with some of the other spots in the city before hitting him up.

I have some decent connections at KFN, my band Brown Recluse has played there several times and my brother DJs weekly there (although he doesn't book bands). Unfortunately for some it's 21+, but it's certainly the first non-studio-34 venue I'll be hitting up.

Neo Jersey

bucky, i think you're right. the last thing we want is to finally have a show there and then it bombs and they never want us back lol. its def something to work towards though. maybe we should build up a little more of a following at some other steady venues then talk to em.

Philly

I was actually really fired up at the last 8static because of how few people there were.  A week or two earlier I played a set in the music/art building, had about 60+ people watching me at one point, a guy offered to hand out the fliers I had for me, I was given a business for photography and a myspace to check out, and NONE of these people came.  Definitely hitting up the smaller venues is a good idea, obvs the church is a huge venue as with the Starlight, Troc and TLA, but other places like Johnny Brenda's, KFN, PYT are definitely achievable.   I had very briefly talked to the head manager of Brave New World Comics in Olde City about having people play in the store on first Fridays because it would be great cross promotion and he said he'd call/email but he never did.  I'm thinking about giving a call tomorrow since I'll have free time, anybody want to give a hand with this?

philly

That sounds like a great idea, and I would love to get involved. Let's get in contact and try to come up with something concrete to present Brave New World with. Did they actually want something every first friday? I think even a monthly thing with them would be stretching it, I was thinking perhaps maybe like a limited series of events with them if they're down.

Perhaps every first friday for a certain month this summer? Have 2-3 chip acts play every week?
Anyways I'll send you a PM about this later tonight! big_smile

Neo Jersey

chip show at a comic store? genius! haha let me know how you gus make out with that.