sweden

calcul8core!

Solar System

Is there any Ti-82 emulator with sound support? Or can you hack any?

Świdnica, Poland
irrlichtproject wrote:

It is possible to run on TI-82 without problems, in fact HT2 is specifically targetted at that model. However, it will currently not run the 82 Parcus (OS 19.006).

For emulation, you can use the latest beta of tilem2. However, I have reports that sound support is disabled on the Windows builds - I'll try to work something out with the maintainer of tilem2 so we can offer a Win build that has sound. Other than that, there's also wabbitemu, but it's sound emulation is not very good.

EDIT: tilem2 Win32 beta build with sound: http://tilem.sourceforge.net/beta/tilem … 130325.exe

Madison, WI

Is there an installation guide for this somewhere?  Got houston.83p on my 83 plus, running gives ERR:SYNTAX.

Nomad's Land

http://irrlichtproject.de/houston/manua … html#setup
You need DoorsCS in order to run HT2.

Madison, WI

Alright, I got that taken care of.  Now I'm in Doors  7 and trying to open HT with no luck.  Tried both .8xp and .83p.  The manual says it should be running "unless there are errors".

I can't seem to highlight the icon as it says in your tutorial, it just goes straight to error screen when I push enter if my cursor is over it.

I took some pics of the process: http://imgur.com/a/lg7jk

Last edited by nonfinite (Oct 27, 2015 1:32 am)

Madison, WI

Also, are there any key differences between these supported units?

I'm curious if any of these calculators have noticeably more desirable sonic properties and/or faster processing.

Nomad's Land

It appears you have a corrupted file. When viewing with DoorsCS, the correct file is called "HT2", has an "Ion" logo, and a size of 23407 bytes. You should probably re-download from https://github.com/utz82/HoustonTracker … p?raw=true

It seems there are some small differences in sound, not only from model to model, but also within the same model because hardware can differ significantly between different revisions. Other than that, the TI-82 and -83 will give you slightly more RAM to store song data. The Plus models have additional Flash RAM but as of now, HT2 makes no use of that.

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Oct 27, 2015 1:50 am)

Poland, Gdansk

Hey, I recently stumbled on THIS

If that cable works it means that you would be able to make a cheap cable by soldering a 2.5 jack plug to THIS

Central Pennsyltucky

Careful with that! There are a LOT of FTDI counterfits out there, which means cheap chips that don't work with the known-working drivers. I buy and sell hundreds of these for my kits, and refuse to buy/sell the knock-offs anymore. The $15-$20 cables from Sparkfun & Mouser and other known shops ALWAYS work with the FTDI drivers on Windows and OSX. I'm a cheap-ass, but this is worth the couple of extra bucks.

...If that cable works it means that you would be able to make a cheap cable by soldering a 2.5 jack plug to THIS

Nomad's Land

Hmm, tempting nevertheless. A solution for not having to buy those overpriced link cables would be quite nice. Unfortunately I have little knowledge when it comes to building hardware, so somebody else would have to try this out. The cable scannerboy linked to looks like a GrayLink clone, so chances are it might actually work with TiLP.

Work has been done to create a SilverLink-compatible Arduino-based solution, but that seems quite overkill tbh.

Poland, Gdansk

OK, so I did some tests today with the FT232RL chip and unfortunately with no success.

Nomad's Land

I don't know nuttin' bout dat hardware stuff, but... did you add those pullup resistors, as described in the ArTICL project? I think you'd need those in any case.

Madison, WI

I was wondering if there'd be any way to add analog sync capabilities to this.  Nanoloop and LSDJ recently hopped on board, and it would be great to be able to sync those to Houston.

It occurred to me that with panning, one would theoretically be able to send a clock signal on either L or R and your song could still play in mono on the other channel.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
nonfinite wrote:

It occurred to me that with panning, one would theoretically be able to send a clock signal on either L or R and your song could still play in mono on the other channel.

This has certainly always been possible with LSDJ and other similar software, so I'd imagine it would be possible within HT2 as well.

Madison, WI

Does the 83+ have less song storage space with HT2 like it did for HT1?