Did a byte compare and the player part looks ok so I guess it's in the data, unfortunately I can't find the file format to have a closer look.  It sounds like one of the channels is missing it's block data or pointing in the wrong place.

The only differece I can see between my two tunes is that in the one with a problem I start track 1 with a block containing:

dur.40
snd.00
c-0
c-0
c-0
c-0
**END**

to produce some silence.

[edit]

I solved it.
One of my problematic tunes had only one repeating block on track 1, and many more blocks on the other tracks. I just put more of the same block on track 1 so the tracks became equally long.
The problem in the "problematic.prg" was I had two blocks in a row with only one transpose byte before. I inserted a transpose byte in front of every block, and that solved it.
But these fixes should not be necessary. A transpose byte should transpose all the following, according to the instructions. And "ff" should just repeat over and over regardless of one track being considerable shorter than the other. I don't know where the bug is, but now I know what to look out for.
The third one I had problems with I could not solve. But I don't care. It's really bad anyway. Some sort of mix'n'match with one of the demo songs in V2.0 and the bass from vanilla ice, ice ice baby...

Anyway, thanks for the SID header + DAT tip there. smile

Last edited by MadModder (Nov 21, 2015 6:33 pm)

Hola!

Have converted a file but I can hear some glitches in the tune, what problem can it be?

something to do with the depacking or is it all in the convert process?

Cheers

D.

smile

How are you converting it?  Can you give us a rough outline of what tools you're using to write song/convert etc.  Thanks.

Yes, Im using JCH NP20.G4/Ed 3.04 for making music.

For depacking the project file I use the Newplayer Tool by Crescent.

Then at last the Sidedit tool for converting to .SID

It has worked out before with the help of your first post but this tune I got now is going wrong. The tune is there but you can hear som enoying glitch sound thru the track that is not there when u play it in the tracker.

Ah, sorry I don't use the JCH stuff, too much hassle setting it up.

NP, you have helped me out so much already man smile

Just gonna try my best and figure out stuff with the data etc.. Open to learn about everything in this whole process.

I have converted tunes with the same instrument setup before and that worked out like a charm, so It must be something with that load,init and playadress I think.

When Im depacking the tune it says: "New track length $11b3 bytes"

d

Last edited by d3Ni$e (Dec 11, 2015 12:56 pm)

Michigan

Who knows the process to change prg or crt to bin? I can't figure it out in vice.

prg to bin (as in without a header?) is removing the first two bytes.

Michigan
4mat wrote:

prg to bin (as in without a header?) is removing the first two bytes.

Is that all? I assume the header is strictly for emulators.
L'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Dec 11, 2015 2:02 pm)

The real c64 uses it too afaik.  When loading files you can tell the tape/drive to either use that header address or load it to a specific area.   Carts are a bit more of a hassle because there's a ton of different formats.  If you're wanting to use the program outside of the cartridge environment you might also need to patch it to get the standard ram config to work with it or work around the bank switching if there's any.   The .crt format has a big doc online somewhere, and I think the tool I used to build cart images comes with Vice.  (it might unpack them as well, can't remember)

I've only used c64 carts to decompress a file back to a normal memory config myself, so I don't really need to adhere much to cart limits as long as the packed file is small enough.

Michigan

Oh. What I'm trying to do is burn some carts. I have several different pcbs that I designed based on official mappers (or lack thereof. )

Ah, if it's actual cart images, dunno myself.

If it's single prg/bin files you're trying to do I used enthusi's 64k code wrapper from here to make a cart image that copies the binary into memory when you load it in.   With that one you can put any old c64 prg image onto a cart.  (well, within reason)

Michigan
4mat wrote:

Ah, if it's actual cart images, dunno myself.

If it's single prg/bin files you're trying to do I used enthusi's 64k code wrapper from here to make a cart image that copies the binary into memory when you load it in.   With that one you can put any old c64 prg image onto a cart.  (well, within reason)

Sweet. I'll check it out.

Is the transfer to memory automatic like with cynthcart or do you have to input some commands to run the software?

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Dec 11, 2015 7:35 pm)

It's automatic, I think it's the one that has code for displaying a picture when it starts too.

@4mat
I think I have found my problem.. It is the bass drum!
It changes the shape thru the track therefor the unexpected noise, here it clearly when I change the Sustain.

Im going to do a different setting! smile