(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

Hey all!

So do you ever have that feeling that you just need the one perfect sample?

Well, I've decided on a whim to create this thread in the hopes to *somewhat* end this.

Share your samples with the CM.O community for all to hear and maybe we can all collectively find something better than the stock CHECK THIS OUT BREAK HOES GET NAKED BIIIIIIAAAAAAAAATTTTCCHHHHH samples we're all *sadly* accustomed to at this point. tongue

-Sam

Canberra, Australia

Sweet! I knew this would come in handy. Here's my collection.

I also have a thing for Speak and Spell samples.

Last edited by GammaBlaster (Jan 4, 2016 5:12 pm)

TSSBAY01

make your own samples, delete them after you use them. that is, if you want to be creating. or at the very least, find your own samples. not saying this to be a dick. im saying this because if you want to write stuff that works with inspiration and creating something fresh in mind, instead of making music that sounds like what many people have already done..well, anyone would be best off doing their own sampling.

its fun (and you learn a lot from sampling that you can apply to things like mixing/mastering), and it derives creativity from what you hear in your own head. saying 'man, i wish i had a sample of that', well, if you're wishing it, then you can just as easily make it or invest the time into finding it if you cant. using sounds that other people have already used and used again countless times before makes derivative music and leaves little or nothing for the listener, or at the very least, leaves it up to the author's songwriting ability. if they're into a wide enough range of music, the listener has already heard a lot of what you would already want to use anyway. the only argument i can see against this is that people want to make something thats accessible, and that begins a downward spiral of writing music for the wrong reasons.

think about it: if you give people your samples that you've already used in music or that you sampled from other music, are they going to get into the habit of making their own shit? no, they're gonna continue to be reliant on people either giving them samples, or using what they are able to find. its kind of why we have abominations of sound like trap and dubstep now. you want to encourage people to make their own sounds no matter what.

Unsubscribe

All you need:
http://samples.kb6.de/downloads.php

and

http://hexawe.net/compos/monorave/monowave.wav

England

lots of great linx here

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/136/t … d-samples/

New Jersey
nanode wrote:

Hey all!

So do you ever have that feeling that you just need the one perfect sample?

Well, I've decided on a whim to create this thread in the hopes to *somewhat* end this.

Share your samples with the CM.O community for all to hear and maybe we can all collectively find something better than the stock CHECK THIS OUT BREAK HOES GET NAKED BIIIIIIAAAAAAAAATTTTCCHHHHH samples we're all *sadly* accustomed to at this point. tongue

-Sam

Y'know, I was never able to find the "check this out" and "BREAK" samples lol. I actually tried looking for them at one point.
Also, sorry, I don't really have any good samples to contribute. As Jellica said, this is a great source and better than what I've got.

I don't think anyones using BRK.wav unironically at this point are they?  It's the airhorn of chipmusic.