update ROM:
http://www.nanoloop.com/update/nanoloop279.mb

or load it via chrome:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/370 … index.html

demo:
http://www.nanoloop.com/update/nanoloop279d.gba

To toggle the bar / dots view and note values, press A+START in the menu.

There are a few minor changes in this update:

- time cursor shows current position for step pause
- slower memory access on startup for better 2.5 cart compatibility
- improved contrast in inverted and b&w modes

Turku, FIN

Cool! If only i could get any of the updaters to work sad

Which updater are you using? What happens when you try to update?

I made a few changes to the Chrome version of the updater, too and could finally test under Windows (8.1) where it works fine.

Turku, FIN

I've tried pc updater on win10 and mac updater and chrome on both machines. With 2 (or 3) different cables, been switching them around and trying almost everything. It starts to upload (nintendo logo disappears) but after that i get nothing. Been waiting for a long time. 40min - hour usually.

OK, let's focus on the Chrome version.

To check if the USB-MIDI works properly, click "MIDI mode" and click on "MIDI" of the mode buttons. It should immediately say "MIDI mode OK". If it just shows "..." below the buttons, something is wrong.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j

So is this primarily a graphical update?

Turku, FIN
oliver wrote:

OK, let's focus on the Chrome version.

To check if the USB-MIDI works properly, click "MIDI mode" and click on "MIDI" of the mode buttons. It should immediately say "MIDI mode OK". If it just shows "..." below the buttons, something is wrong.

Like this?

Yes.
If you have the right cable type (any cable that's GB Pocket / Color compatible, GBA cable does not work) and the adaptor plugged in as shown in the image, it should be possible to update.

Turku, FIN

Oh dang, it suddenly is working now! So good. So awesome. It's always good to do a little rant and it magically starts to work after that big_smile

Keep up the good work oliver!

And bring back panning to all channels and nano2 will be perfect. wink

france

Great job Oliver, note value was really important for me, but volca synchro was the most important smile
Thanks for this great soft.

Poland, Gdansk

Quick question. Is there a way to tell the difference between the normal and detune mode on the S channel? Thanks

Atlanta, GA

You made the beat grid display so much better! I love being able to tell -when- my step pause will play and you made it crystal clear! heart (also, the note value thing is a great change.)

Brooklon

Ok I feel like a real dingus here.. Note values showed up when I first updated but now they are gone and A+Start in the note menu doesn't seem to do anything. Which menu is one supposed to A+Start in?

Atlanta, GA
Note! wrote:

Ok I feel like a real dingus here.. Note values showed up when I first updated but now they are gone and A+Start in the note menu doesn't seem to do anything. Which menu is one supposed to A+Start in?

when you updated, did you hold B and hit select+start? your update may not have committed.

france

Hi Oliver,

I have two nanoloop 2.5 and one nanoloop 2.3.
I had success flashing two card, the 2.3 and the 2.5.
One of the 2.5 cart is able to be updated but when I boot it, it is frozen on :

===================================
                  nanoloop
                  v.2.7.9
====================================

The number "2" on the right, let me think it is a software/hardware issue, maybe a bad flash or something.
Just before the "2" number, there is a "II", it seem to be a Pause, icon.
What can you tell me about this issue, could I fix it myself ?

Regards,

Johann

PS : I have now try to downgrade to 2.7.6, then to 2.6.0.
Same issue, the number "2", is written on the right of the screen, so I think, this cart is maybe broken.

Last edited by yoyz2k (Jan 16, 2016 9:27 pm)

Brooklon
NoyzBotChip wrote:
Note! wrote:

when you updated, did you hold B and hit select+start? your update may not have committed.

Aha, that may be it. You just B+select+start at any time? Didn't realize I had to commit.

Thanks