PDX, PDX

My buddy Jeff (Switch from dangerouskids.net) and myself had come to the conclusion that there are talented folks in this state but those jokers up in Seattle get all the damn glory.  I want to organize a small chip community that books shows, shares ideas, helps get the word out about our projects, and maybe puts something pretty big together.  I know we got Spamtron, Plain Flavored, 486kid, Operation Mission, Thretris, Capcomposer, and the folks from 2pp living around here but is there anyone else?

I also had the notion of putting on a all Oregon chiptune show with the help of dangerouskids.net (local video game podcast).  Whos interested?  I've been playing plenty of shows around here but only opened for punk and metal bands.  I would like to get a common thread going.  Let me know, I am sure I know most everyone but I had to put some kind of line out there.

San Luis Obispo, CA

I am not a chip musician, but would to help any way I can. I live in Portland, and might be able to help set up a show here and there. I helped set up the Nullsleep show at Backspace, and the folks over there seem excited about the scene. I think having a major turn out would definitely allow opportunities for repeat events at the venue. We gotta make this thing big!

0R360N

Im down!!! Would be great to get some of you guys down to eugene to share the love also, this city would love a chiptune show, they just dont know it. And if I ever open my bar (the "Barcade") you could be sure I would have a show each weekend

Eugene, OR

Lets do it!  I have some awesome sound gear wink

San Luis Obispo, CA

Is everybody coming to the Nullsleep show?

IL, US

/me uses this as an opportunity to mention that i am planning to visit friends in portland soon, would like to meet, hang out with, start a side project and/or play a gig with you people while im there

Eugene, OR
e.s.c. wrote:

/me uses this as an opportunity to mention that i am planning to visit friends in portland soon, would like to meet, hang out with, start a side project and/or play a gig with you people while im there

When are you planning this trip?

0R360N
capcomposer wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

ERIK!!!! LEXUS!!!! FIX IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweden
Crystal Labs wrote:

Is everybody coming to the Nullsleep show?

And dont forget USK, Wet Mango and myself.

Would be awesome to met as many of you as possible when I'm there.

I will be all over everything. There are EXTREMELY exciting things from the Plain Flavored camp in the works, trust me.

We gotta get in touch with the Berbati's crew, and Kevin, we must hang at the Flav Cave.

IL, US
capcomposer wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

hope to come out in the next 2-3 months, have to talke to soe of my friends and see when people have free time (about 5-8 of my good friends from 10+ ago live there now)

Eugene, OR
Thretris wrote:
capcomposer wrote:

ERIK!!!! LEXUS!!!! FIX IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude!!!  I am test fitting the bumper tomorrow and doing all the body work this week.  wink  You gotta keep me motivatered!!!!!

lolusa

do it do it.
you know I'm down for whatever, Seattle isn't what it's cracked up to be wink

0R360N

We need to throw an even like Chiptune-apalooza. Give the new yorkers a run for their money wink there seems to be enough NW'ern chipmusicians around

(or since its portland, I will call you Chipsters. Then I guess in eugene, we can be Smelly Chippies)

Thretris wrote:

We need to throw an even like Chiptune-apalooza. Give the new yorkers a run for their money wink there seems to be enough NW'ern chipmusicians around

(or since its portland, I will call you Chipsters. Then I guess in eugene, we can be Smelly Chippies)

I think for the time being, we could have a lot easier of a time if we just associate ourselves with the electronic music community at large and attempt to integrate ourselves into their already established (and EXPLODING) scene. A good group of guys to talk to about this would be Reactionary, they seem to have a knack for pulling off pretty rad shows, and they seem to do it with ease on a regular basis.

I would love to play with some of the rad breakcore people out here, especially Foxdye and Bllix. We don't necessarily have to segregate ourselves.

Last edited by PlainFlavored (May 23, 2010 9:43 pm)

Tucson, AZ

Just touched down in Portland today.  See you motherfuckers soon.